cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract bill increased within one month of joining and support question not answered

MarcusQ
Dabbler

Contract bill increased within one month of joining and support question not answered

Hi, I opened a question with plusnet support and, despite their claims of responding within 12 hours, I still haven't received a response (it's been almost 48 hours). I'm going to repost what I wrote here and am hoping someone can provide an answer:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I received an email a few weeks back (Email ref: ***) stating that Plusnet will give me a discount on my second month's bill. This was due to the fact that the internet activation was a week later than the phone activation. However, I received an email today (Email ref: ***) which gave information on my 2nd month's direct debit payment. This in fact states an increased price of £20.81pm over the contractually agreed payment, which was originally stated to be £20.49pm at the time of signing the contract.

I therefore request that you reinstate the partial refund promised to me for this month's payment and that you restore the monthly payment costs to the agreed upon amount; I find it disingenuous that Plusnet would promise me a stated price, then bait and switch me the moment I've signed.

Yours faithfully,

I'm quite annoyed that plusnet did this. It isn't so much the money but more the principle that I agreed to a price with them and somehow they can just jack up the price whenever they like. This is in conjunction with the fact that they never told me there would be a price increase until I received this E-mail. If this can't be resolved then I'm almost certainly switching to a different provider once this contract has finished.

1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Contract bill increased within one month of joining and support question not answered

Hi there,

I've just checked your account and can see that we've responded to your ticket advising the reason for this.

Apologies for any concern caused prior to this being picked up.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team