cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract *Special Offer*

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Contract *Special Offer*

Hi All - I`ve just received an email from Plusnet regarding a review as my unlimited BB & line rental contract is due to end in a month or so. 

The new *Offer* sitting in my account page is only 26p per month more than I`m paying at the moment and I feel this is value for money since I love being with Plusnet and get a good service. 👍

My question is simple - If I accept this new offer and click on "GET THIS OFFER" and the new contract begins, does it only begin when my existing contract ends? Or would I be triggering a new contract to start now rather than at the end of my existing contract? 

I didn`t know the answer to this so didn`t want to go ahead and click on the offer too early.....but maybe the system is automated to recognize I`m already contracted and won`t trigger the `new` contract payment to kick in until the end of this one? Thanks for reading and hope someone can answer this for me. 

22 REPLIES 22
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Contract *Special Offer*

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Thanks dvorak, I knew I`d put it in the wrong section! 🙄 

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

I`ve also just noticed the offer it isn`t a "Fixed" contract like the deal have at the moment so it`s not as attractive as I thought it was because it means the pricing could rise around March 2022. What are the chances of me being offered another fixed contract? 

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

None to be honest, they’ve stopped offering them to everyone.

The new contract should start when the one ends
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Cheers for your post @plusmouse 

We don’t offer fixed price contracts anymore sadly and if you recontract, it won’t necessarily begin when the old one ends it’ll start from as soon as possible. Sometimes that’s from the next bill date and sometimes it’s the next working day (depending on how the stars align…)

As you go through the renewal journey online though before you confirm the ‘order’ and in the email confirmation afterwards, you should be told the date which the new contract will begin on. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Thanks both for your replies. That`s frustrating that fixed contracts are no longer available with Plusnet. At least I know that now so won`t expect to see one arrive in my `Inbox`! The email I received (at the bottom) does give details of price rises from March 2022 but without knowing if that will be a small incremental £1 on line rental or BB or both, I can`t know how much I will eventually be spending per month. 

Gandalf Wrote: it won’t necessarily begin when the old one ends it’ll start from as soon as possible. Sometimes that’s from the next bill date and sometimes it’s the next working day (depending on how the stars align…)

So with this in mind Gandalf, should I wait until nearer my existing contract `end date` or maybe receive another `Offer` (although I don`t think it would be less than the one on offer to me at the moment?) My direct debit is already set up anyway so all that would change would be the payments depending on when a new contract began. 

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

Hi @plusmouse

You will likely receive another offer to be honest, though I can't say whether it'd be better than the one you've already received. I'm saying this because we have to advise you that your contract is coming to an end at least 30 days before it does - this is known as an End of Contract Notification. On this email, you'll also be offered a new contract.

Saying that, it's completely up to you as to if / when you decide to re-contract.

If you're upgrading your Broadband, the new contract will start once the upgrade order has completed - usually 7-10 working days. If the Broadband is staying the same though, more often than not, I'd say the new contract will start the next working day.

you wouldn't need to change your billing date as your next bill would be on a pro rata basis.

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

We can guess roughly what the price rise will be.  It's CPI + 3.9%. CPI for the last 5 years has been:

Year CPI
2020 0.9%
2019 1.8%
2018 2.5%
2017 2.7%
2016 0.7%

So that would give a range of 4.6% to 6.6%, so if your monthly fee was £25 then it would be between £1.15 and £1.65 a month price increase.  Obviously we wouldn't know the exact value of CPI until next year, but hopefully this will help you make an educated guess

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Thanks so much guys for your input. I`m paying £19.99p just now (18 month contract ending in October) and the email *Offer* I received yesterday is for Unlimited BB and line rental for 18 months at £20.25p per month so the same `deal` as before only 26p more per month except it`s not `fixed price`. So not too bad with that small rise. But even over 18 months, is that likely to hit much more than say £25 a month by the end of the 18 months? I know it`s a guess anyway given the unknown rates moving forward. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I can't say if the price will increase to more than £25 over the 18 months but I wouldn't have thought so based on how much we've increased our prices by previously and how often. 

It'll be up to you if you'd want to renew on the offer we've made now or wait for the end of contract reminder which may be better. Waiting would also mean that you'd be on your fixed price contract for longer.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Gandalf, I`ll have a think. It`s one of those scenario`s where I want to `jump` but not too early! 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @plusmouse and makes sense

Let us know if you need any further advice Smiley

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Hi - I`m revisiting my old post due to receiving another email (from Ofcom) for a better offer than the one I was originally sent by Plusnet and this time it`s for £18.99p per month for Unlimited BB and Line rental. 🙂 

adam945 wrote:

Hi @plusmouse

You will likely receive another offer to be honest, though I can't say whether it'd be better than the one you've already received. I'm saying this because we have to advise you that your contract is coming to an end at least 30 days before it does - this is known as an End of Contract Notification. On this email, you'll also be offered a new contract.

And that`s what`s happened! I signed into my Plusnet account but the original (higher) offer is still there and not the one sent to me today for £18.99p which I feel is reasonable considering it`s a re-contract. I would like to take this offer up as my current contract ends on October 9th. However I`m not sure if I should wait until exactly 14 days to get this deal or just do it today as it will be the same ADSL broadband (not an upgrade) and find that my payments will adjust from my existing payment to the new payment once any renewal is put in place? 

I would like to do this online but they do supply the phone number to call to get this new offer. If I could do it online it would be easier. If not, I guess I`ll need to call the number and say I`ve received this offer and activate it over the phone.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @plusmouse,

If the online account will not allow you to take the deal documented on the account, the best action would be to call the number and they can place the deal through for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team