Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal

my53rdchoice
Grafter

Contract Renewal

Hi,

Been with PN for nearly 10 years, originally had a 2 year plan which expired and just kept rolling at the same terms and costs.

Then got another 2 year plan which has just ended

But now I'm being shunted on to some dubious "standard tariff" which is £10 more which just a complete scam.  Why not allow the terms to continue to roll over like you used to,

More importantly, why is it such a massive PITA to get a new 2 year contract on the same terms

And why is the communication from PN so poor around expiry/renewal?  Just one vague and confusing email which didn't make clear the consequences of doing nothing

So many times over the last 6 weeks when I have tried to do something your website has been locking up and fails to do anything on the upgrades/renewals section and I just feel let down and taken for granted like some nameless cashcow

I sort of expected better from a company that prides itself on service but I suppose that's capitalism for you as shareholders are more important than customers.

7 REPLIES 7
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Contract Renewal

@my53rdchoice 

I can’t comment on your previous deals but you should have received an email and renewal offer towards the end of your contract. 
Anyway, I would suggest that you ring the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and negotiate a new contract with them. This phone number is normally answered quite quickly.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

49Howarth
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Hi,

My current contract ends in August, but I decided to take-up a special offer on a new contract (as it was cheaper !) which starts next month.

What I don't understand is my Member Centre / Dashboard still shows details of my old contract, even though I got email confirmation of my new contract on 7th June.

I also get a banner message on my dashboard saying "An error has occurred - You can't change your products for the moment, you already have a product change in progress."

I would thought a 'product change' would be < 100 key strokes and take 10 mins max, but perhaps it needs the written approval by the PlusNet Board of Directors Huh

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@49Howarth  It's just Plusnet's flaky systems, it will probably stay in that state as you have a pending product change then when it actually happens the error message should go away.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@49Howarth 

Plusnet's systems are inconsistent regarding the start date of recontracts. Some appear to start the day after the customer agrees the offer, whilst others start on the next billing date. I think I have seen an explanation that the former occurs when a different product is taken up (e.g. going from fibre to fibre extra), whereas the latter is the case where the existing product continues. Perhaps a Plusnet staffer can clarify.

I suspect that your recontract will start on your next billing date and that the banner message will remain until then when the new contract is in place. At that time you should also see your new contract details on your dashboard.

my53rdchoice
Grafter

It has all now been fixed but I had to call through

Apparently the online renewal was locked on my account as I have FTTP available and PN do not want people getting this via online processes in case it goes wrong or people don't understand it.

I'd love FTTP but I'm not allowed due to aesthetic objections raised by my good wife

I'm also getting a new router as well to replace my ageing (but never used as it was utter garbage)  Technicolor 582n

Cheers

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@my53rdchoice    I can't understand why your wife would object to FTTP on aesthetic grounds. 🤔    If I had FTTP available I would be ordering it immediately, any objections overruled.😊

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@my53rdchoice 

PlusNet don't currently offer FTTP to new customers so it's not shown on the website. Your upgrade options are blocked so that when you phone you can be told about FTTP.

FTTP involves an external box on the house wall with an Optical Network Adapter (ONT) installed inside. The ONT is (I believe) currently about the size of a Master Socket.

However, with PN FTTP you lose your phone line and NUMBER.

Brian