cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal and Line Rental Saver

Nacho
Grafter

Contract Renewal and Line Rental Saver

I'm approaching the last month of my 12 month contract where I paid £4.99 instead of £9.99 for 12 months for unlimited. Got a couple of questions I'm hoping a mod can answer:
1. There's a link in the FAQ/Support and I got via email, where I can tick to add line rental saver to my account, but where can I access this directly in my member centre?
2. How is the line rental saver paid if you're adding it to an existing account? Is it via the direct debit I use to pay my monthly tariff? When I originally signed up I paid it via credit card but that doesn't seem an option now.
3. After my first 12 month are up, will my tariff move to £9.99 a month, even though I am not tied into a 12 month contract? Can I tie myself into another 12 month contract and save any money?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Contract Renewal and Line Rental Saver

Mods aren't the best people to answer this but I will try
Line Rental Saver can be accessed directly http://www.plus.net/rentalsaver
As you have ended your 12 month contract the price will rise as you suggest
To save some money two things
Don't sign up to LRS yet
Phone cancellations - also known as the Customer Options Team - on  0330 123 9197. They are open from
  Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays)
Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
Once you have a deal you are happy with which will involve an extended tie in then you can go down the LRS route which will need to be paid by card
Nacho
Grafter

Oldjim, sorry I meant a Plusnet employee not a mod. Anyway, thanks for the reply - so you're saying that if I get a 'deal' via the customer options team, that I won't be able to use the link to pay for LRS?  What about if I did tick the box on the link - how is it paid that way?
Also, this Customer Options team - is it like good old o2 retentions where you had to pose the real threat of leaving before they offered you a better deal? Usually with mobile phone companies, there's an incentive to signing up for another 12 months as opposed to paying month by month, but here it seems it's £9.99 to continue the contract on a month by month basis, with nowhere to click to get a reduced rate for tie-ing in for another year.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I didn't mean that - when you go for the LRS option via the link you are asked to pay by card as the payment can't be taken by direct debit
It isn't quite as bad as the O2 system - they are generally quite amenable to offering a deal but you can always jog them a bit by asking for your MAC