cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal Started 1 Month Too Early?

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

Contract Renewal Started 1 Month Too Early?

I got an email from PN reminding me that my contract would end on 12th September and providing a link to a renewal price. I followed the link and accepted the new contract. The confirming email says that the new contract began on 12th AUGUST for 18 months. Why is that? I expected it to begin on 12th SEPTEMBER when the old contract ended?

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
3 REPLIES 3
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Contract Renewal Started 1 Month Too Early?

@quelquod 

As far as I can determine from my previous recontracts, they either start on the day after you sign up to the recontract or on your next billing date. I am not sure what determines which date is used but I think it is to do with whether or not a product change is involved. In any event it appears that they do not wait for the end of the current contract. 

quelquod
Pro
Fixes: 1

OK, thanks.

Since the new contract is at a lower cost I guess that's OK, but I would have been a bit annoyed if they'd cut my previous contract short like that if the renewal was at a higher price of course. 🤔

Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @quelquod. I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you and for any concern that the contract renewal has caused. I can confirm that when you renew your contract it switches to the new contract on the following billing date rather than at the end of the previous contract. I'm sorry if this wasn't made clear and I will pass on your feedback.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team