Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal Query

drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Contract Renewal Query

Hey guys,
My contract is due to end soon, I am due to move to a new house which has FTTP within the next year, if I renew my FTTC contract this now would I be able to move my account to my new house with FTTP without any charges being applied?
Ta
3 REPLIES 3
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Contract Renewal Query

Hi buntrob,
The best team to speak to are our House Moves team, however, I've had a word with my colleague who deals with the FTTP trials and they advised that in these instances they prefer to place you on regular ADSL2+ broadband for your house-move so that you receive a service and then submit the order to upgrade you to FTTP. The reason for this is that in case there are any delays with the FTTP service then at least you have a regular broadband service.
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

OK I'll give them a call at some point, I wasn't aware that you could get ADSL2+ on a property that only has a fibre optic line into the property.
I had assumed that a cease would be placed on FTTC in my existing property and a new FTTP connection be set up for my new property, It's something for later on in the year, the village has to be finished first, it was more just if I would incur extra charges by recontracting and then moving within my new contract period.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It would always be best to speak to our House Moves team regarding contracts and charges, however, I would guess that you wouldn't incur any charges if you decided to re-contract for the house-move. If your property is going to be FTTP enabled then you wouldn't be able to have FTTC as it's usually one or the other that's provided. Usually we still see regular broadband being available. It's only in circumstances where we can't provide a copper phone line to the property that you would be limited to solely FTTP.