cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Length

atbs1
Grafter

Contract Length

I can see what packages I'm on: but where can I find my contracts length please?
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Contract Length

You are on a 10 day contract but there may be deferred charges which are listed here https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary
atbs1
Grafter

Oldjim, thanks for the information that I am on a 10 contract.  But, where do I find that out please?  Also does the same apply to the phone line contract?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

All the information you need should be in http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml
Moving to a new provider
  1. To move to a new broadband provider a MAC Key (Migration Authorisation Code) is required. We generate this on behalf of the customer, using a supplier-provided system.
  2. We will provide a MAC Key within five working days following a valid request being made. In the event of any difficulties our suppliers have providing a code, this may take longer, and in this case we will provide updates to this effect.
  3. MAC Keys are valid for 30 days following their issue, and can be used at any time during this period simply by providing the MAC Key to the new supplier.
          * It is possible for a customer to use a MAC Key as soon as it is received, in which case the migration can take place in as little as 5 working days (payment for the notice period will be required).
<snip>
4. Notice Periods and Scheduling of Cancellations
  1. We require notice in order to close any account. The notice period is 10 days for Residential accounts and 30 days for Business accounts. When a cancellation (as opposed to a MAC Key) is requested, we will schedule this to take place at the end of the notice period. Due to limitations of our supplier's systems, if this date falls on a weekend, a broadband line cancellation will be scheduled for the next working day.
  2. The notice period starts from the time we receive the cancellation request. If the cancellation request is withdrawn for any reason during the notice period, a new request needs to be made and a new notice period will commence.
  3. It is possible to specify a cancellation date after the notice period. In this case, a one-off payment will be taken at the time the account is scheduled for cancellation. This payment will include all subscription charges up until the end of the requested period and no further subscription charges will be made.
  4. If requested, we can close an account sooner than the notice period. In this event any payments due up until the end of the notice period will be required as a final one-off payment before the account closure can be scheduled.
  5. Because we need to order the broadband line cancellations with our own suppliers we always require at least 5 working days notice.
@jelv funnily enough I couldn't find it via that link so I had to use the search option