cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Length

gigiroy

Contract Length

I have a plusnet broadband and phone service which started from June 2011. But now I can't find out the length of the contract, 12 months or 18 months. Any one can help? Many thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Contract Length

There isn't any contract length as such on standard broadband and phone, its a 10 day notice, but there is on Fibre broadband and AFAIK it's 18 months. The On standard broadband you may have what's called a Deferred Hardware Contract if you took the PlusNet provided router. This means that you would need to pay the cost of the router (£40) if you leave within 12 months. You may also have to pay the Activation charge(£25) if you leave with 12 months. There is also a cessation charge but that doesn't apply if you transfer to another provider using a MAC code. Its all here http://www.plus.net/residential/faqs.shtml#contractSetup ( section 12 ).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary will tell you if you have any differed charges still active.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@gigiroy
I hope you're not thinking of leaving us, do let us know if you are.
By the way, I've just checked your account and can see from ticket gigiroy that your line is due for an upgrade soon.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team