cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Expiry Date

Seatonsurfer

Contract Expiry Date

Why does PN make it so difficult to check the expiry date of their contract. it should be readily available, so where is it.

8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Contract Expiry Date

Hi there,

That's some thing we would need to find out for you.

I've just added ticket 148295245 to your account with the contract end date.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
zilch777
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

You have my sympathy seatonsurfer.  About 12 months ago I logged in to review my account as my contract was coming to an end. Can you imagine an outfit in which the term 'award winning' is littered all over the place on the website not allowing you to access the details of your contract with its terms in relation to what you are paying for, when it expires, etc! How do they get away with it and claim to be award winning!

So I had to phone and to be truthful had my enquiry answered. PN is one of these outfits that put you off contacting them easily, instead that run a community where you can ask questions but about nothing personal. I've never found live-chat available during the day. I've never logged on again since a year ago as it does nothing for my blood pressure. As far as I can see you can't check your usage for previous months, even the latest month was denied me on the grounds I think that my month is coming to an end.

Along with some others I had a beef about it all 12 months but nothing's changed. It's insulting.  

In contrast O2 is wonderful online and in live-chat. I dealt with them yesterday and the contrast is remarkable and stark. 

nonamesleft
Grafter

I am also try to find out when my contract is up did you have any luck ? as I have looked all over the members pages and can’t find it.

zilch777
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

The safest thing to do is when you start your contract, record everything in the contract. Get Plusnet to post or e-mail all the details. It's not much use when you are reviewing a contact coming to or having reached its end, but if you renew which will have to be by phone, do as I suggest and April 2018 will be that much easier. On the assumption Plusnet will do what it has been doing and that is make the details inaccessible!

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@nonamesleft

Although you cannot find the contract end date, you can see if you would have to pay Early termination Fees at https://www.plus.net/my.html?s=0&action=account_summary (login required) . These fees are listed in the cost column and have the words "(upon cancellation)" shown. The next column "Order Status" should be set to "Activated" for any current fees. The smaller the value, the closer you are to the end of the contract.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Seatonsurfer

There is no simple way to find out the information which I believe is totally unacceptable and shows the complete lack of customer care by PN. They did raise a ticket and give me the date, but that shouldn't be necessary. It should be readily available for the customer to see. I will be raising the matter with Ofcom.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

And Ofcom will do nothing for individual complaints so you will be wasting your time. Why don't you know when your contract started and how long it was, seems quite simple to me.

Seatonsurfer

Depends on who you know in Ofcom. I will leave it at that