cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Due For Renewal - Had a Offer But Without The New Hub Two

tcj1971
Rising Star

Contract Due For Renewal - Had a Offer But Without The New Hub Two

Our contract finishes on Jan 5th 2022 and recieved a offer for £23.95 a month.....that is it. However it seems if you are a new customer for 5 pence more a month you get the new Hub Two.

Why can't we have the New Hub Two if we renew?

Also the past contract renewal offers we have had have been Fixed but this one isn't so it will go up twice during the 18 months

Plusnet are not exactly screaming at me to stay considering what happened with the Broadband Safeguard fiasco earlier this year

31 REPLIES 31
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: Contract Due For Renewal - Had a Offer But Without The New Hub Two

It has been reported that existing customers can get Hub Two for £8 if they take a new contract. Might be worth a call to renewals? Failing that I'm very happy with BT HH6 which cost £15 on Gumtree ...

tcj1971
Rising Star

Existing customers can get Hub Two for £8

Why not for Free, It has not been the most great service since we joined nearly 5 years ago and not leaving considering some of the well known issues we have had to put up with during this period. The Hub One is now ageing

Absolutley no incentive for those at the end of their contract especially when there are some good deals out there cheaper than what Plusnet can offer

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 113

I'm not sure where that information has come from @Longliner but it's not true.

@tcj1971 Our Plusnet Hub Two routers are currently reserved only for new customers signing up on a fibre contract, and for those upgrading from ADSL to fibre. Existing fibre customers can purchase a Hub Two for £99.99 + £6.99 P&P. Smiley

Adam
 Plusnet Help Team - Leeds
tcj1971
Rising Star

So baically nothing to temp me to stay. That is that then

Oh well, may as well nip back over to the comparison sites and earn some decent cashback whilst I am at it

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm sorry you're thinking of leaving @tcj1971

I can only relay our processes on here for you, if you have any further questions at all, please let me know.

Adam
tcj1971
Rising Star

@adam945 The offer email says But don't worry, we have some great offers for you - even new customers can't get better.

New customers do get better as they get a brand new Router for 5 pence more a month

Anyway, My contract ends on 5th Jan 2022 so can you advise on what day I can give notice/switch over to another provider as I assume they will do the switch without contacting Plusnet

Thanks

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Again @tcj1971 I am really sorry about that. Customer's don't have to use the routers that we provide, you might be able to find third party routers that are better than the Hub One, at a cheaper price than the Hub Two is currently. The Community Forum is the best place to seek advice on this.

In terms of transferring your services to another provider, we'll need two weeks notice at least. you could sig up to another provider today though, and ask that they take over the line on the day that your contract ends with us. Smiley

Adam
tcj1971
Rising Star

Thanks @adam945 

So I assume the latest is 23rd December then to either give notice, or ask another provider to switch on 6th Jan

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Yeah exactly, other providers, have to give us two weeks notice that they're taking over the line, in the same way, you'd need to give us two weeks notice if you'd just like us to cease the line completely. We'll accept any orders on the line from another provider as your intention to leave though, so you wouldn't need to tell us.

Adam
tcj1971
Rising Star

Thanks for that @adam945 

Can you confirm when our last payment will go out if the last day with Plusnet is 5th Jan?

I think one is due on 10th Dec (bill date 3rd Dec). Would this be the last one at the current price we are paying per month, and on 10th Jan (bill date 3rd Jan) it would just be for the 4th and 5th?

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

So the payment made will be the same one produced on the bill itself. So for instance, if a bill is generated on 03/01/2021, it'll likely be for a full month of service, because theoretically, the account closure can still be cancelled. Don't worry though, once the account is closed, you'll receive a final invoice which will include refunds for the services paid for, but not used, which is why we tell customers not to cancel their direct debt instruction. Smiley

Adam
tcj1971
Rising Star

@adam945 

But if all goes to plan then we will only be actually charged for the last few days between the billing date and the contract end date.

After the 5th it goes up to the full amount as the discounts end from £26.99 to £43.50

adam945
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Correct, you'll pay for a month of service up front, even though you're only going to use it for a few days, but you'#ll then receive your pro rate refund on your final bill. Smiley

Adam
tcj1971
Rising Star

@adam945 

I have just gone through the process of ordering broadband with another provider but the Activation Date they have shown is 20th December with no option of choosing a future date

What is the penalty if I left now and how would that affect Januarys bill? Bare in mind that our bill jumps up from £26.99 to £43.50 after the 5th Jan