cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Cancellation Timings?

easyracer

Contract Cancellation Timings?

Hi Plusnetters,
If I wanted to leave the exact day (17th of February 2012) my contract ends, do I need to give a certain amount of notice to Plusnet to allow this to happen?
Also if I ask to leave before the contract end date, does that still mean I will have to pay the cancellation charge, or does that charge only apply from the termination date of the broadband service itself?
Thanks in advance for all your help,
easy
P.S. If it helps, the other supplier requires at least 15 days to set up a transfer to their broadband services...
10 REPLIES 10
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Contract Cancellation Timings?

Welcome to the Forum
you have to give 10 days notice, and you have to contact cancelations by phone or letter, they wont do it any other way.
depends who you are going to you might require a MAC code, this takes five working days
Cancellations 0800 432 0200
0345 140 0200 09:00 - 17:30 every weekday (except Bank Holidays)
Plusnet, Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY
easyracer

Thanks pierre_pierre,
I'm going back to the dreaded TalkTalk!
I don't think they need a MAC code, but I'll give Cancellations a call first thing next week.
Thanks Again,
easy
Midnight_Caller
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

@easyracer, Oh why are you going back to TalkTalk StalkStalk ? 
You are better off with PlusNet, then StalkStalk.
easyracer

Hi Midnight Caller,
Sorry for the late reply.
I'm on the Plusnet basic package, at the moment, which only gives me 10GB daytime usage per month. I also only get approximately 2.2mbps because of such a poor line, which is miles from the exchange. Talktalk use local loop unbundling which somehow seems to improve my line upto around 3.5mbps, as I have been with them before, and I get a 40GB download allowance as well.
The only way to get a brilliant signal is to stump up more money to install fibre, where I'll get 40mbps according to Plusnet, which I can't justify money-wise.
The only other avenue I could go down is, Plusnet offered the same package I'm on now with no contract, paying £3.25 per month (+line rental).
Decisions, decisions...
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI easyracer,
If it's purely about price then I'm not sure what the customer options team can do. As far as your speed goes, having just checked your line I think we could do much better than what you currently get. You are currently on 21CN so moving to LLU isn't going to get you a better speed, bearing in mind that you're using the same wires from your property to the exchange. If you'd like me to help sort the speed out, I'd be more than happy to do that.
Jojo Smiley
easyracer

Thanks Jojo, but the only way I can see the speed increasing is if I could afford the Fibre Optic Package, which unfortunately I can't...  Sad
Though, when you say you could do much better than what I currently get , did you realise that I'm already with Plusnet? After six months of trying to get a faster speed, how is it possible to  improve it any more than it is now?!  Undecided
Thanks Again...
jim:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi easyracer,
It looks like you've got a dropping connection issue which will be reducing the line's speeds, we'd basically be looking to resolve that for you which should improve things.
I can see you've started the transfer already though, in which case thanks very much for your custom and we hope the new connection sorts things out for you. If you do change your mind we'll be happy to start the investigation though Smiley
easyracer

Hi Matt,
Thanks for all your time and effort.
You never know? You certainly seem like the best place to get Fibre Service from, when I can finally afford it.
Thanks Again,
easy
easyracer

Hi Joanne Pilson,
It looks like I was wrong about the LLU, as it hasn't improved my line as much as I had hoped. I have only been getting a consistent 3Mbps, rather than the 3.5 Mbps I was hoping for.
Though compared to the consistent 2.2 Mbps, I was getting through the same telephone line, I can't complain.
It still seems funny to me, that this should be the case, though too?
Thanks,
easy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

With LLU connections it runs over the same wires, but it uses different equipment in the exchange which doesn't work in the same way as the BT kit does. Your ISP might be able to set the line profile directly, though checking the line stats to see how things are would be worth a go.