cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract 12 months or 10 days notice?

nittygritty
Grafter

Contract 12 months or 10 days notice?

hi all, does plusnet have a 12 month contract or can you cancel at anytime just by giving 10 days notice, i,ve seen on most comparison sites that it states 12 months yet i hear storys on here that they dont have a 12 month contract anymore just 10 days notice to cancel, can someone confirm which is correct, thanks
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Contract 12 months or 10 days notice?

The contract is 10 days, so if you leave you don't have to pay the monthly subscription fees for an extended period.
You may however of taken advantage of a deferred payment (e.g. 'free' router) which is written off if you stay with Plusnet for 12 months. If you leave before the 12 months are up you have to pay the full cost.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
nittygritty
Grafter

thanks for reply, so in other words, as long as you dont take a free router off plusnet (use your own) you can cancel at anytime with just 10 days notice?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You can always cancel with 10 days notice, it's just that you may have to pay for one of the freebies (free router is just one example, house move is another). If you look on your account summary it will tell you what is on your account. The cessation charge is only levied if you cancel the broadband totally, not if you migrate out using a MAC.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
zubel
Community Veteran

Activation is another example of a cost that is deferred for a year.
As jelv points out - if you look in your account summary, it will note any deferred costs that are currently active on your account.
B.