cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continual DD overcharge

gary42
Grafter

Continual DD overcharge

Since moving my 2 lines to Plusnet and paying for line rental in advance for both lines I have been overcharged on my direct debit payments.
Think this is the 3rd month in a row where the line rental has been charged.
One of the tickets states this is a known issue (PID 74428).
Are you any closer to finding a solution? It's getting a bit tedious having to check and phone in each time I am charged incorrectly.
Thanks
Gary
10 REPLIES 10
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Continual DD overcharge

Hi Gary,
Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you, I've spoken with our billing team who are handling the problem ID you mentioned and they're looking to push this fix through soon.
currant101
Dabbler

They are still doing this to us as well, double charging, charging for services not provided and then some.  My wife has been repeatedly fobbed off with comments such as "problem resolved" when they haven't.
We raised a Direct Debit idemnity after plusnet lied to us about refunding the overcharge and they cut our phone off the day before our wedding as an act of revenge by plusnet's inhuman and inept customer "service".  We spent a couple of hours being jerked around by plusnet's useless clerks on that day alone when we had much more important things than being abused and lied to by plusnet.
The latest insult was a "call baring charge" which was applied without our consent or knowledge.  It was only when we got the bill that this additional charge was added (blame that disgusting [removed] for that - he kept her on the phone for over an hour and made no reference to that disgusting and dishonest charge - this is in addtion to the time spent with the other disgsting customer service clerks).  We suppose this is in revenge for filing the Direct Debit ideminity claim.
plusnet's [removed] was also heard sniggeringon the phone after my wife was in tears after he abused her.  Big, hard man that, verbally abusing a distressed woman on the telephone.
Still can't use our phone due to overwhelming interfeerance.  My wife is being constantly harassed by another of the inept customer services who keeps harassing her on the phone at inappropriate times, interfeering with her work duties as well as home life.
See you in court, plusnet.  We have had enough of you and your disgusting service which is not fit for purpose.
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat): CSA name removed as per the forum rules.] but moved to a hidden board that Plusnet can see.
gary42
Grafter

Same again...month 4.
Any updates on a fix? I can only assume the problem isn't being taken seriously given the amount of time that has elapsed.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's in testing I believe, and while there's no confirmed dates as yet it shouldn't be too long. We'll keep checking and keep you posted.
gary42
Grafter

Same again this month.
My tickets were recently closed with the comment that the issue had been fixed.
Seems not?
Gary
James
Grafter

Gary,
The fix appears to have worked in the main but there are still some customer affected.  We have a fix written for this which is likely to be deployed later this month.
Can you PM me your account username so I can have a look, please?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

For anyone that may be reading here, we responded to Currant on a separate thread and by our ticket system.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
windsortg
Grafter

I am still getting overcharged. Do Plusnet know when they are going to get this issue resolved?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi winsortg,
Your account has actually been fixed, unfortunately this has happened since your last billing date which is why you were charged at that time.
I can assure you however that this won't happen again, I'll check over your bills and make sure you've had all the necessary refunds as well.
EDIT: I can see it's just this month that needs refunding, it's still being taken at the moment but I'll make sure to check and make sure it's done in the next couple of days.
currant101
Dabbler

Quote from: windsortg
I am still getting overcharged. Do Plusnet know when they are going to get this issue resolved?

We still have not had anything resolved, just abuse from plusnet's horrible customer "services" who have made matters worse. Like always.  Abusive and threatening messages have been received from plusnet's staff
plusnet are still charging other users according to threads in JULY, a few months after they did it to use.  Interesting to note that this was a known issue for some considerable time before it happened to us.
Plusnet have done absolutely nothing about charging customers twice for line rental.  Except make financial gain.
We've also had charges for calls not made on our account as well which haven't been addressed.  Even had call charges on our home phone when we were still on honeymoon.  Nothing done about that by plusnet of course.
Note also the names of the horrible customer service staff have been deleted from the thread.

Waited in for engineers for six days last week.  Dates given were deliberately ignored by plusnet's [mremoved], presumabley because we were sent a MAC code (unsolicited).  Plusnet just want someone else to pay for the faults to be fixed.
Plusnet arranged for an unqualified engineer to be sent on the wrong date as well and said engineer was not a broadband engineer who cut into our phoneline outside without ringing the doorbell or anything, phoneline was even worse so the line was obviously unbalanced further as a result.  Said there was no fault on Wednesday yet when the broadband engineer who came on Friday and Saturday found many faults and is now arranging for the pavement to be dug up as one fault (so far) is underground, 5 metres away from the pole.  0.23Mbs broadband instead of 20 Mbs is bad to say the least.  Speed went up to 19 Mbs after engineer found a fault in cables in street but went down to 5.5 Mbs when he was still here.
According to plusnet customer "service", an underground fault was recorded as "fault is on customer equipment" which we know is false so what does that say for the professionalism of plusnet customer services?
Plusnet still saying nothing wrong.  Nothing wrong with double billing and nothing wrong with our service, which according to them is "acceptable"  0.23 Mbs is not acceptable when we are less than 400 metres from the exchange with no junction boxes.
So far, since plusnet took over in March, seven engineer's visits and they are due out again soon.
What a horrible experience plusnet is.
jim:csa