cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting customer services

gilmartin

Contacting customer services

As my line rental and broadband are due for renewal shortly, I'm looking at options and I see that Plusnet (and other providers) are offering deals at around £25 per month that include line rental and broadband.  I've been trying to contact customer services without success - chat unavailable, and excessive wait times for phone calls.  Maybe easiest just to go to another provider and get them to set up the switch?  Pity, as I have been with Plusnet for a long time.........

6 REPLIES 6
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Contacting customer services

Chat does not work if you have pop up blockers enabled. These are set automatically on some browsers. You are likely to get a better deal if you ring and select the 'I am thinking of leaving' option, quote the lowest competitors price for the same service and ask for it to be matched. Don't accept the first offer if it's not acceptable. The retentions phone number does not tend to have very long queue lengths so it's worth the hassle and haggle.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LifeonMars
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

The retentions phone number being 0800 013 2632.

https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/thinking-of-leaving/

gilmartin

Thanks, I should have been clearer about the chat issue.  It's because they are always busy, rather than due to popups being blocked.  I did get through once.  As for the haggling, I know the ropes, it's just a pain that they try to get you to renew at an inflated price.

gilmartin

Thanks for the phone number, I'll give them a ring.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@gilmartin wrote:

As for the haggling, I know the ropes, it's just a pain that they try to get you to renew at an inflated price.

It seems to me that saying to an agent "why should I pay £x to you when I can go to so and so and only pay £y" is less hassle than filling in all the forms to move.

Then there's the risk. I repeatedly read on here of people who end up with no telephone and/or no broadband and/or lost the telephone number they've had for years because something has gone with the switch. Now whilst it may be rare, if it happens it IS a real pain. Don't get me wrong, there is a limit to what is an acceptable price and customer service quality level of an ISP, it's just that other factors should also be considered.

Switching energy supplier by comparison is easy, the lights don't go out if the change gets screwed up.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'