cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact and default email addresses

philipb
Dabbler

Contact and default email addresses

Just a quick question ... are all customer communication emails from Plusnet always sent to both Postmaster (usually aliased to the default email address) and the other email given in the Contact details section?
6 REPLIES 6
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Contact and default email addresses

welcome to the forum
they are always sent to postmaster, so if you have added an alias you get two  (and a copy is stored in your on line ticked folder as well)
for some reason, I get three, have never had a good explanation as to why
philipb
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply and welcome, Pierre.
Hmm, the email notification of your reply went to the Contact email but not Postmaster / Default, but that may be a Forum thing, I guess.
The reason I ask is because I'm trying to avoid:
1) having to set up Windows Mail to check the default email address using POP, as that involves keeping the master Plusnet account password on my PC.
2) using Webmail to regularly check it "by hand".
- if everything gets CC'd to the separate Contact address then that'd be ideal. <Crosses fingers!>
jim:quote
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Forum notifications only go to the single address you've defined in your forum profile - the forum is independent of the Plusnet Member Centre.
Account related emails normally go to both postmaster and your 'contact' address, though 'information' emails might only go to one or the other depending on what the originator sets up.
Ticket-related responses normally go just to the 'contact' address.
David
philipb
Dabbler

Cheers, spraxyt - sounds like what I was hoping.
jim:quote
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Glad to have helped clarify that. Smiley
I notice you are fully quoting the immediately preceding post which can make it difficult to follow ongoing threads and is against the forum rules (Use of quotes). Sometimes this results from using the "Quote" button rather than "Reply" which is under the posts. If you wish you could edit (modify) your posts to remove the quote - save the mods doing it for you. Wink
David
David
philipb
Dabbler

Oops, sorry about that everyone (especially OldJim) - wrists being slapped and rules being read as we speak!