cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Considering returning to PlusNet

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Considering returning to PlusNet

I haven't been here for a while, having migrated to BT a couple of years ago. I thought I had a good understanding of Plusnet's products until I called Sales .... Now I have some questions:
Can I MAC migrate my Broadband service to PlusNet without moving my Line Rental? (My Line Rental Saver runs until March 2014)
Assuming that I want the UNLIMITED - Non Fibre product:

• What would the monthly Price be?

• Is this an introductory Price? Does it go up after introductory period?

• What would the Contract period be?
    Could I leave with 10 days notice?
    What is the minimim Term?

• Is there a "Connection Charge?

• IWhat is the adder for Anytime Calls?

• What Router would I get if I paid the £5-95 P&P?

3 REPLIES 3
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Considering returning to PlusNet

As you have seen, pricing has got a lot more complicated since you migrated away. If you do not move your Line Rental to Plusnet then there is a £25 Activation Charge when switching and your monthly broadband charges are £2.50 a month higher. The amount you pay also depends on your exchange (Market 1 exchanges are priced higher than Market 2 & 3) and whether you enter into a 12 month contract or not.
The easiest way of checking what is available is to enter your details in 'Check Whats Available' on the home page.
http://www.plus.net
Further details can also be found:-
http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/broadband-only/

Wheel_nut
Grafter

Thanks Acr. I now understand the seemingly conflicting numbers being quoted by the Sales agent.
I conclude that it is prohibitively expensive to change ISP without simultaneously changing Line Rental supplier. Since I still have 7 months to run on my Line Rental Saver prepaid contract with BT, I will just have to suck it up and pay the huge increase in Broadband charges until next March when I will be unshackled. Angry
... unless PlusNet can offer me a deferred Line Rental migration..
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Wheel_nut
... unless PlusNet can offer me a deferred Line Rental migration..

Not something we can do I'm afraid. The broadband cost is automatically lowered though when you do move your phone service to us. The Sales folk /might/ be able to do something about the activation fee (although to be honest I'm not 100% familiar with what they can/can't offer these days).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵