cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion over renewed contract start date.

salmo
Rising Star

Confusion over renewed contract start date.

I wonder if a Plusnet staff member can help me out.

I rang up recently to ask about renewing my contract after my present one expires. I received an offer which was acceptable but the confirmation in my questions was nothing like the offer. I rang again and thought it had been sorted but asked for some further clarification via the question. The start date of the renewed contract shows as March 27th not mid May when the old one expires. The old contract was better than the new one so I don't want it to finish early.

Question #200617728

Could you please confirm that this is a renewal of my contract and will run from when my present contact expires in May and not as stated in Manage my account as March 27th.
Thanks

Yes this is your new contract it is just displaying the discounts, you contract started off immediately from the day you re contract.

I am still a little confused. I would be pleased if a member of staff could confirm that my renewed contract will not start until my present  one expires in mid May and my new LRS will also start in  mid May (when present LRS expires).

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Confusion over renewed contract start date.

It looks like someone has actually started it straight way rather than waiting.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
salmo
Rising Star

Thanks for the reply but how can this be rectified? It was a shambles from the start and I will be losing out.

I realise these are not normal times but this is not what I agreed to and hope it can be sorted out. Is there anything that you can do or will I have to phone again? Would I be better off raising a complaint?

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

We should be able to sort this easily for you, but it looks like your account is due to change which might cause problems. Are you keeping the same broadband and phone product?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
salmo
Rising Star

Yes. It is the same ADSL broadband and anytime calls. What should my next step be please? I can send you more details if you wish.

Apologies as I didn't intend to click fix yet.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @salmo,

Thank you for confirming that. I'm sorry that your new contract has been put in place too early and I will pass on feedback about this.

Having checked your account, I can see that you have one bill left that would have been covered under the previous contract. I've added a credit to your account to give you the free call plan that you should have had on this bill. Provided that you don't make any chargeable calls from your landline (i.e. international or premium rate calls), there'll be nothing for you to pay towards this bill. Your new contract will begin in mid-May.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
salmo
Rising Star

Thanks for sorting it out. I realise that some people are working from home which makes it more difficult.

salmo
Rising Star

Help!!

Please could a staff member explain the breakdown of my bill for 21/04/20 which runs to 20 lines!!!

I had expected it to be zero as I was on free broadband and free calls. My new contract due to start in May is half price calls and free broadband. I had a balance of -£12-34 and now it is - £6-47 meaning I've paid £5-87. I've made no chargeable calls and the reply above states "there'll be nothing for you to pay towards this bill  Your new contract will begin in mid-May".

Feel free to give me a ring if it will be easier to  explain over the phone. Landline would be better.

Thanks.

BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi Salmo, thanks for getting in touch and I'm sorry to hear the latest invoice amount has come as somewhat of a shock. I can confirm the amounts don't look to be correct and although I can confirm via this support channel I've updated a ticket on your account which can be seen here with steps I've taken to correct this for you. I hope this helps and if there's anything we can help you with moving forwards please don;t hesitate getting back in touch.

salmo
Rising Star

To Ben

Thanks.

I thought I was losing the plot trying to understand the bill.

KIngsgroove
Dabbler

Your not 'losing the plot' Plusnet Contract Renewal is the most shambolic experience I have encountered! Frought with difficulty and inconsistantcy see my thread here which so far no -one from Plusnet has the courage or courtesy to respond to Renewal Nightmare!  Good Luck - you'll need it!