cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion over migrating/cancelling/dunno!

weelis

Confusion over migrating/cancelling/dunno!

Could somebody please take a look at ticket #37273442
Having spoken to a few people on the phone I seem to have confused both myself and plus.net 😉
It's now been over a week since I added to the ticket, there's a fairly cryptic internal response from plus.net on there but that's it.
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Confusion over migrating/cancelling/dunno!

If you have obtained your MAC and are migrating to another ISP you DO NOT want to cancel.
If you want to keep using your email address you need to ask for the account to be downgraded to dialup PAYG.
When your migration completes you need to contact Plusnet and let them know (sometimes they don't get the report from BT and keep billing you).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there weelis,
It looks like we were waiting for a final direct debit payment to finish clearing before we were able to downgrade the account. I can see tht the payment is clear so I've left his in the capable hands of a colleague to check when you've migrated out and downgrade the account to a  free PAYG package when you have.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
weelis

Thanks for having a look Adam. The PAYG email came through this morning so fingers crossed it's all done and dusted.
It looks like I may have been charged for December (debited 6th Jan) but I suspect that's just how the billing cycle fell.
The only thing I'd ask is if there could perhaps be a little consistency/training for those giving support on the phones; everyone was friendly and helpful but unfortunately the answers were a little confusing/contradictory. Other than this last little hiccup my time with plus.net has been good!
Thanks
Chris
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi weelis,
I've just checked your account and can see that it's been downgraded as expected now.
The only thing I'd ask is if there could perhaps be a little consistency/training for those giving support on the phones

Agreed, in fact I'll be giving feedback to the agents that dealt with this issue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team