Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusion over line saver rental renewal date

rodneymf
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Confusion over line saver rental renewal date

On 18 Jan I received a reminder that my line saver rental is due to expire on 19 Mar.  That's no problem I thought since I have previously renewed in early March.  I set a reminder on my calendar.  Today I received an email saying I needed to renew before 22 Feb because after that date they will no longer be offering this option.  Is this a cunning method of simply boosting income early or is this going to be the end of line rental savers?

I tried to use the AI chat to ask this question and it simply hadn't got a clue.  It simply ended up saying the answer could be found by logging into my account.  So much for modern ways of not employing human beings.

9 REPLIES 9
hooverman
Rising Star

Re: Confusion over line saver rental renewal date

hi  @rodneymf   Plusnet indicated back in april 20 this was the way they were going , as indicated in ISPREVIEW , Plusnet were one of the few remaining isp which offered LRS ,you have obviously taken advantage previously but Im sorry that is now going ,A few of us have experienced paying for LRS in the way the billing system deals with it and are still dealing with it ,but I suspect some of the  problems are covid related but not all ,so you have the option of paying by 22nd Feb that is up to you ,

you can read the article here 

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/04/isp-plusnet-to-replace-pre-paid-line-rental-saver-disc...

Moderators Note: link fixed
rodneymf
Dabbler

You may well be right but at 75 my main concern last April had nothing to do with my line rental.  I have to say I am not as impressed as I used to be with the Plusnet customer care.  The new Chat methodology leaves me cold.  I know this is now the way of the world but if it isn't very, very good then it leaves one feeling very cut off.  Since my fibre/phone call contract doesn't end til April I might just stay until then on a monthly line rental and then see what is available from others.

hooverman
Rising Star

@rodneymf  Like you i joined in 2012 and was imoressed with plusnet ,but not so  now, They are difficult to contact and for a communication company thats not good ,I dont like twitter their other forms of communicating doesnt work ,I belive BT is more worried about BT and EE than Plusnet I to will assesing wether to stay with Plusnet when my contract ends,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Rodney, apologies first of all for the difficulties you've had with getting in touch with us. 

I can see your line rental saver is due to expire on the 19th March so under normal circumstances you'd have until then to renew without paying for the monthly rate. 

Based on the automated email you've received, it looks like we're withdrawing this service next month so we've given you a heads up which will allow you to renew one final time. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Was this removal of the ALR option communicated to customers currently paying this way ? I haven't had an email as far as I can see - mine would be due early July.

2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

When I joined I took advantage of the LRS as it included the option of free weekend  and evening calls, what happens to this option if you are forced onto monthly line rental?    

RAFsteve
Dabbler

I had an email today informing me the same,

(Question #214159536 - Your Feedback)

Firstly I note there is no way to reply to that message which is pretty poor for a communications company and secondly I understand that some customers are getting a one-time last chance offer to continue the Line-Rental-Saver but I havent.

What gives?

Maybe OFCOM will help me.

I dont really use the landline, like most people we have good mobiles but I do need the Broadband service, so whats my options please?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

@RAFsteve  Too late for you I think, what did the e-mail actually say?

Line Rental Saver renewals stopped in February this year.

OFCOM will not help you, they don't do anything for an individual user's problems.

You have to pay rental for the land line to get broadband, unless you have FTTP available to you, the only other option is to attempt to use the mobile network for broadband, can be OK or terrible depending on your mobile signal quality.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @RAFsteve,

@RealAleMadrid we did stop the LRS service in February and we are no longer able to apply this to the account.

However I have looked into your account and replied here with what we can do moving forward.

As my response contains account sensitive information, I am unable to share it over this thread.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team