cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confusing Cancellation Message - related to old property?

jamch
Dabbler

Confusing Cancellation Message - related to old property?

Hello -
Just checked email from yesterday and noticed I had received one from Plusnet support:

Dear Mr XXXXX,
Account username: XXXXX
We've received notice of an order to transfer your phone line and call plan to another company. We're treating this as a request to end your telephone service agreement with us.
We're sorry we're losing you as a customer.

along with a further one today:
We have been informed that a cancellation order (also known as a PSTN cease) has been placed on your telephone line. This is due to happen on 11/04/2012.
Why has this happened?
----------------------
The cancellation order has been placed to move your telephone service to a different provider. This will also affect your broadband service.
What you should do next
-----------------------
1. If you wish to cancel your service with us:
- You need to let us know. Please call our dedicated support team on 0800 432 0200 or 0345 140 0200.
2. If you don't know why a cancellation order has been placed:
- We strongly advise that you speak to your telephone line provider as soon as possible.
- Once you've done this and know the reason why, or if you still have any problems, please contact our Support Team using the Help Assistant:
http://help.plus.net/

Thing is - I haven't put in any request to cancel or transfer so not sure why i'm receiving this...?
I have just recently completed a house move and know that the new tenant at the old property address/number was due to move into there yesterday.. I am wondering if they have requested a new phone provider and somehow Plusnet is still thinking it's me?
Related questions on my account look to be 129522945, 129522946, 129589613 and 53734539 if anyone can take a look?
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Confusing Cancellation Message - related to old property?

Do your account details correctly show your new number?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I've just looked into this one in more detail.
Firstly to reassure you it relates to the old line, not the new one so please don't act on the advice the e-mail gives.
Secondly I'm sorry that you were sent that e-mail, I suspect something is broken as we should only send those messages out relating to the number we currently have listed for your ADSL connection and the numbers were updated on the 21st which is way before the email was sent (yesterday).
I'll raise a problem to make sure no-one else is affected.
Sorry for the confusion over the matter.
EDIT: problem 70860 has now been raised to fix this issue.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jamch
Dabbler

Ah, thats what I assumed.
Many Thanks.
jim:quote