Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused when trying to upgrade

yorkiepudd
Grafter

Confused when trying to upgrade

Hi
I want to upgrade my broadband from Value Fibre to Extra Fibre.
When I try to upgrade, I choose Extra Fibre for £21.49, no problem, but on the next page I select the phone product I have now by clicking KEEP THIS PRODUCT for £0.00, but it adds on line rental at £12.99 even though I have paid up front for a year.
I haven't gone any further as it says my new monthly amount will be £34.48
Whats happening here guys!!!!!
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Confused when trying to upgrade

Hi there,
I've tried to replicate this myself and don't seem to be able to. Can you tell me which link you clicked on to upgrade and what path you took from the front page to get there?
Also don't worry about trying to do the upgrade via the site if it's still causing you an issue I can schedule that from here for you,
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
yorkiepudd
Grafter

From the MEMBER CENTRE, click the link at the top that says PRODUCT CHANGE or from VIEW MY USAGE where it says YOUR BROADBAND PRODUCT - Plusnet Vaue Fibre - CHANGE (it takes you to the same landing page at .....
Review current products > Choose Broadband product > Choose Hardware > Choose Home Phone product > Confirm Address > Engineer Appointment > Confirm upgrade > Finish)
Select CHANGE MY PRODUCT, next page (Plusnet Extra Fibre) CHOOSE THIS PRODUCT, next page (This is your current home phone product - Talk Evenings and Weekends) KEEP THIS PRODUCT, results in this output......
Here's a summary of the changes you've requested. We show your old products, then the new products you've chosen. Any "one-off" charges are also included.
Your old products:Plusnet Value Fibre £16.49
Talk Evenings & Weekends £0.00
Line rental £0.00
Old monthly costs: £16.49
Your new products Plusnet Extra Fibre: Estimated Speed: 40Mb £21.49
You'll move to this product on your next billing date (28/04/2012).
Talk Evenings & Weekends £0.00
Line rental £12.99
New monthly cost:
This is only the monthly cost for your Broadband and/or Home Phone products. £34.48
Click the 'Change my products' button below to confirm your choices.
I haven't gone past this point as I am concerned I am going to get billed for line rental which I have already paid up-front.
I want to upgrade to EXTRA  FIBRE as I am in my 1st month and it is now obvious that I am going to exceed my usage allowance by about 20GB every month.
If you can action this please go ahead, do you need any more info from me, or to raise a ticket?
Thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks very much for getting back to me about that, we've tracked the problem and are working to correct it within the next few weeks.
To belay any concerned it's purely a matter of the site displaying the wrong price (i.e £12.99 instead of £0.00) so you won't be charged for line rental.
Could you go ahead and change your account on the site? let me know if there's any other issues.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
yorkiepudd
Grafter

Ok it's done.
I'll let you know if there are any further problems.
Cheers
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, it should be fine from here Smiley
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team