cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused - what are these odd items

dergal

Confused - what are these odd items

(account name Gallespie) OK  generally I have been impressed with PlusNet - but now it seems that it is all going down hill...
1. I couldn't upgrade to the 60gb account, something to do with the database backend, I get that these things happen, but I shouldn't suffer when these things go wrong.
2. What is a "Generic Included One Pound Domain charges (£1.00)
3. 5GB Additional Data Transfer Charge -  £5.00 BUT THE CSC man said this would be complimentary because I couldn't upgrade due to a DB issue
4. Anonymous Call charge -  £4.00 - Again this was supposedly complimentary,  I wrote it all down, the lady on the phone said they could include that for free!!!
5. Plusnet Extra charge for the period 12-10-2010 to 11-11-2010 £9.78 £1.71 £11.49 - WHAT IS THIS!!!
I am really confused by these additional charges!!!!

1 REPLY
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 32

Re: Confused - what are these odd items

Hi dergal,
I'm sorry to hear about the concerns you raised here, I'll do my best to address these and deal with them for you.
1. I couldn't upgrade to the 60gb account, something to do with the database backend, I get that these things happen, but I shouldn't suffer when these things go wrong.

The account was changed to extra on the 12th that's the account type with the 60gb data allowance).
2. What is a "Generic Included One Pound Domain charges (£1.00)

This the option to register a domain name and host it with us for an extra £1 per month.
3. 5GB Additional Data Transfer Charge -  £5.00 BUT THE CSC man said this would be complimentary because I couldn't upgrade due to a DB issue

I'm not sure what the data base issue was as your account type was changed on your billing date as requested, however once an invoice has been generated for this we can't stop if from being charged at short notice. I have refunded £5 for you anyway.
4. Anonymous Call charge -  £4.00 - Again this was supposedly complimentary,  I wrote it all down, the lady on the phone said they could include that for free!!!

As I can't see anything noted and we did provide you with that service in good faith I can't do anything about this I'm afraid, as per your third question I've agreed to refund £5 already.
5. Plusnet Extra charge for the period 12-10-2010 to 11-11-2010  £9.78  £1.71  £11.49 - WHAT IS THIS!!!

As explained already on ticket 35869077 that charge was for the broadband subscription (£11.49) £9.78 is the unit or net cost and £1.71 is the VAT.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team