cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused over contract change price

Snarf
Grafter

Confused over contract change price

Literally just changed over to a new PN contract today at £11.99 a month (we use line rental saver), I then log in to the portal having received the email to see a special offer for an 18 month contract at £11.46 a month. Why not just offer that in the first place? I'm not going to argue about 53p off each month but it's also a strange amount?
2 REPLIES 2
Leapy
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 3

Re: Confused over contract change price

@Snarf  I totally understand, it's only 53p a month but that is almost £10 over the 18 month contract.Sad and you would alway hope for the best deal and value for money. upfront.

However, I may have some bad news for you in the linesaver is ONLY for a year. So in 18months time you may end up with my current  messy situation. Angry

I've been with PN over 5 years and recontracted and my linesaver got out if sync, so I now have no linesaver on my contract for the last four monts of my PN contract. This means if I use a linesaver, I would have to do it for 12 months (and loose 8 months line rental cost if I did not renew a contract with PN and that would still be out of sync at the end of that contract).Shocked 

My last 18month contract with PN on the 9th September 2019, was meant to harmonise the linesaver cost, with the end of the contract. Undecided

Snarf
Grafter

Re: Confused over contract change price

@Leapy totally understand that and we did have an issue in August last year when I changed fibre package just as linesaver was ending (PN were good at sorting a refund).

What's even more confusing is the contract paperwork doesn't take into account having linesaver activated (though I'm sure in reality it's calculated correctly in the end). So the contract that activated yesterday said £31.99 a month, the one I activated today was at £31.75 a month, so only 24p difference!

There needs to be a bit of plain English usage here so it's exactly clear what's being signed up for and when prices will change.