cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused, dismayed and feel misled when I signed on to PN

kirala

Confused, dismayed and feel misled when I signed on to PN

It has been nearly one month since switching from BT to PN.  Upon signing onto PN I felt honoured to have reached the owner of the business to complete the process of switching over.  He heard and listened attentively to my issues regarding BT and I told him I had unlimited broadband and what we used the internet for at home.  I described that we watch online movies and TV shows, do a lot on YouTube, Facebook etc to which he offered me the package of 40gb usage.  Not really being terribly savvy about these figures I recall asking him, will that be enough and do I have to worry at all about incurring extra charges or being cut off if not?  He said no, 40 is more than enough.  Well, just less than 2 weeks into our new service I start to receive emails stating we are over our usage allowance and they will add another 5gb on for a fee of £5.  This has happened 5 times now incurring, so far, an additional £25 in extra charges.
I have tried to rectify this with CS and have been told that whatever change is made does not take effect until next billing period which means I'll still keep racking up these extra charges.  This morning I was told to go to the web site and submit a billing complaint as it can't be dealt with by phone and that there is a complaint section on the website but I can't find it anywhere; hence posting on this forum!
I feel terribly misled and can't help how many other's are in the same situation or have experienced this as well.  As usual, a company that is so actively promoting their Golden Award winning status is fleecing customer's just like the rest.  Shameful!
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: Confused, dismayed and feel misled when I signed on to PN

Hi kirala and welcome to the forums ( although it doesnt seem a good start for you! ),
Here's a link to the Complaints Code of Practice http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/complaints_code_of_practice.shtml which explains how to raise the complaint online.
Upon signing onto PN I felt honoured to have reached the owner of the business to complete the process of switching over.

That sounds a bit strange, I would have thought you would have just been speaking to the normal Sales people.
PlusNet have a Digital Care Team who monitor these forums as does the Complaints Manager. I'm sure one of them will be along shortly to address your issues.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

James
Grafter

Hi Kirala,
I'm on "holiday" at the moment until tomorrow afternoon, but drop me a PM with your details and I'm pretty certain we can come to an amicable conclusion.
You shouldn't have been told to go and raise a complaint online though, but I'm sure we can sort things out.
James
Grafter

Hi Kirala,
I have responded to your PM - I hope this sorts everything out for you.