Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused by bill

Sir_Lurkalot
Grafter

Confused by bill

Hi
Ticket No - 37260940
I'm mystified by the explanation I've been given by two reps, so can someone explain where I'm going wrong.
My phone account shows :-
Credit limit = £55
Credit available = £65.65
I read that as having £10.65 available from my last top up.
My basic bill is :-
BB = £11.49
Phone = £11.25
Total I expected to pay £22.74 this month
However I was charged £22.93, the extra, Plusnet say are call charges.
If it was necessary to add call charges to the basic bill, I would have expected my credit to have returned to £55  prior to topping up again !!!
Where am I going wrong ?
Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Confused by bill

it does work in a mysterious way
The Credit limit is how much you will allow your bill to go over the basic,  and is to cover Mobile calls. 0844  (you only get 0845) etc.  not sue where your credit available has come from
Sir_Lurkalot
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
not sure where your credit available has come from

Well if your Credit available is £55 ( the amount allowed before calls are regulated ) and you top up by £25, then the Credit available becomes £80.
This is why I believe that there shold be no call charges until the Credit available has come back down to £55.
If someone never topped up, but only paid via their monthly DD, then they wouldn't notice these few pence disappearing every month, if they are erroneous.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sir Lurkalot,
Erroneous is definatelty the right word, sorry about this. Even if its a matter of pence we know that it's essential to get your bill right.
The £55 credit is only applicable if the limit is exceeded. However I'm going to dig a bit deeper and compare our call processing records against your bill for last month.
Please bear with us as some of us are working from home today due to the snow but I'll make sure we get back to you by the end of play tomorrow at the latest
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Sir_Lurkalot
Grafter

Hi
Has the snow cleared ?  😉
I'm still confused.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I'm sorry I didn't get back to you.
This was an issue with our call processing and has been rectified now.
PS the snow has mostly left us in Sheffield now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team