cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about charges on bill

rbellamy420
Grafter

Confused about charges on bill

I just got my bill and it's more than it should be. When I looked at the charges there were 3 line rentals and 3 unlimited fibre which makes no sense to me as its never been like that. Hopefully the screen shot I took is showing to show what I mean. Can anyone explain to me what has happened. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20220429-111023_Drive.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Re: Confused about charges on bill

I had the same question, and it was explained to me in this thread.

Basically, Plusnet charge for the month in advance at the rate at the time the bill is raised. In the first bill after a price increase happens you will have paid for the days since the price rise at the old rate. They refund those days at the old rate, then charge them at the new rate. Any discounts are unapplied and then reapplied to maximise the confusion.

It is totally ridiculous, and results in dozens of questions like your (and mine).

rbellamy420
Grafter

Hi thanks, it seems they've made it as complicated as possible. So the price they've charged this month, will that be the same every month from now on or is it a one off?

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

Future bills should be at the new rate - so ought to be less than this month's total. However, sometimes things seem to go wrong so keep an eye on it...