cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete catch 22- urgent advice welcome

kgoddard

Complete catch 22- urgent advice welcome

Just spent an unbelievably frustrating 2 hours on the phone to plusnet. 

Our household has been a customer for around 5 years, always paid on time etc. However, recently, the speed has been absysmal, to the point of unusable ( I work from home so particularly trying) despite various technical fixes, and this coupled with better deals elsewhere means we were keen to discuss changing provider/alternatives. 

Anyway, the account was set up by an old housemate who has long ago emigrated to Australia, we are no longer in touch. 

We hadn't imagined this would be a problem as we had access to account logins, passwords, bills etc. 

However, the customer service person said he cannot even discuss the account with anyone but the person who opened the account (impossible)

Worse, even if could contact her, he said they are unable to communicate or reply to anyone outside of the UK. 

I get that the gut was probably just reading from a script and was not empowered to break protocol, but SURELY the solution can't be: sorry, your household is stuck with us forever, regardless of satisfaction, cost etc. 

Also, when seeking alternative solutions ( bills come from my account, for example, does that help?) , we were given short shrift, it's a bit of a kick in the teeth as at the moment I have unworkable internet and no way to change it. 

Any help most welcome. 

2 REPLIES 2
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

Re: Complete catch 22- urgent advice welcome

I suggest contacting the Customer Options Team. They tend to be more knowledgeable. Ask for them when you get through.

kgoddard

Re: Complete catch 22- urgent advice welcome

Thanks for the tip mate. Hoping one of the staff on here might offer a steer too?