cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint about call handler and plusnet in general

anthgood
Grafter

Complaint about call handler and plusnet in general

I asked on the call to speak to a manager. Was told I needed to let the agent finish is spielf before I could speak to a manager to complain. I did and then I was told every single manager is all in a meeting all at the same time so could not speak to one.

A load of rubbish. But I am making the complaint on the forum instead.

I wish to make a complaint about the call handler I have just spoken to at around 12:05pm for 10mins. His name was[CSA Removed].

He is quite frankly the rudest most condescending person I have ever heard on the other side of a phone in my entire life. I suspect these calls wont be recorded - when a call handler acts like this they conveniently never are and then companies go only a certain amount of calls get recorded not all.

But I would like this call listened to by someone senior at plusnet to see if they feel I am being unreasonable or they think this call handler was a total joke. 

Secondly, Plusnet have been advertising all over the place of Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. But I was told bluntly "you cannot have them". It seems all I can have is a deal where I pay more than I am paying now and on a 24 month contract.

Why would anyone, ever pay more than they are paying now after giving you over 3 years worth of custom on a 24month contract when at the same time you are posting non stop about mega black friday and cyber monday deals when at the time I joined was just a regular day and not black friday / cyber monday. And have to face a whole load of abuse and condescending arrogance/content when I phone to renegotiate my new deal by you.

I would like to see what Plusnet have to say about this

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

13 REPLIES 13
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Complaint about call handler and plusnet in general

Sorry to see this.

I've  taken a look into it and it doesn't look like the particular call was recorded. The agent did note that they wanted to make you a a further offer of a deal but was unable to do this as you wanted the call to be escalated so I'm wondering if any dissatisfaction towards what we were offering you might have affected your view on how this was being handled?

It is the case that a manager won't be able to arrange a better deal than the agents you can speak with who are empowered to do the best they can for you but I do apologize if you feel that the call wasn't handled well.

In case you wanted to review it again the offer we would be able to make you has been documented by the agent on ticket 139069546.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
anthgood
Grafter

"I've  taken a look into it and it doesn't look like the particular call was recorded."

What an absolute surprise.

Let me emphasise how the nature of this call went on. Me I get through. I have one month left of my contract so I know you allow you to renegotiate a new contract when one month left. So due to it being Black Friday and Cybermonday I have seen a load of deals you were offering so wanted to phone now to renegotiate.

Agent: You can't have that. --- In an aggressive tone

Me: Excuse me

Agent: You can't have that. Do you want me to tell you what you can have.

Me: excuse me, why can't I have this

Agent: You can't have them, so I will tell you what you can have. Ok looking you can have a deal that costs more than what you are on.

Me: Excuse me, I want to speak to your manager.

No where did the person say why I cannot have any deal currently run other than "you cannot have them" said in an aggressive abrupt tone. And surprise surprise, no manager available and now call not recorded.

So let me make this clear, I was very pleasant and came on to discuss renewing my contract and was talked to like absolute [-Censored-] by that call handler. It was nothing to do with what he said, it was how he said it. Nowhere when he was saying you can't have the back friday deals did he say it was because we like new customers more than current. He just said it as a matter of fact and I could have taken this as any reason why "I can't have that". 

If you walked into a shop and seen something for sale for £10 and you went to the counter and the sales assistant said "you can't have that". And you went "what?" and the sales assistant just kept saying "you cannot have that" how would you respond to that sales assistant? Would you ask to speak to their manager.

Now this sales assistant talked to me like pure [-Censored-] on this phone. You either put this right, or allow this to be a reason to me to cancel my contract now and go with sky. Which is it to be as I am livid with this sales rep and his total chavvy unprofessional manner?

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

While I can't defend the alleged attitude of the PN employee, it seems like it was a question of "the computer says no".

Today's companies prefer 'churn' (losing old customers and attracting new ones) to providing excellent service, and thereby attracting new customers who have had said company recommended by happy existing customers.  I don't have any figures to back this up, but 'churn' must be a more profitable business model or they wouldn't all be doing it.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I'm very sorry if the adviser you spoke to was rude and refused to allow you to speak to a manager.

I've tried to find the call to listen to, but it isn't showing on our call recorder I'm afraid.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
anthgood
Grafter

So ok, you have not recorded the call. That is your failure not mine. So are you going to take my word on it over how poorly I was spoken to. And if so, how are you going to deal with this.

I phoned up because my contract was ended and I seen your Cybermonday deals. I never even told the call handler the one I seen. I simply said I seen your cyber monday deals so phoned to setup a new contract. And was bluntly told "you can't have them". I never even said what I had seen. But I was told "you can't have them, do you want me to tell you what you can have, you can pay more than what you are on now".

This is not me paraphrasing, that is how I was spoken to. Now I know that Plusnet seem to regard current customers as scum and love new customers so give them the good deals. But if I did not know this, the call handler saying this was very offensive and I could have assumed I was being told this for any reason.

So I am asking, given that I am very soon out of contract. Are you going to keep me as a customer, or shall I go elsewhere. That is what retentions job is. Not saying as soon as they say, I have seen you have deals on for Cybermonday. "You can't have them". Do you want me to tell you what you can have. You can pay more than what you are on now"

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Irrelevant, bordering on racist, paragraph removed.

anthgood
Grafter

Just phoned up again. I selected "I am an existing customer and want to change my contact". 

Due to high call demand, there is a 30min wait.

I hang up and select. "I am a new customer and wish to sign up". Literally, 30seconds the call was answered.

The person was totally unhelpful. I asked to speak to a manager again, this was refused. And she hung up on me.

This is a complete joke of a company. I want out of my contract and a full refund as you are a joke and have no respect for current customers and treat them like dirt.

And just to add

"Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Irrelevant, bordering on racist, paragraph removed."

I love the way how me describing how I was treat like dirt on the phone gets deleted. Really good show plusnet.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I can see that the adviser you spoke to last has passed on your complaint to their manager as per this ticket.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
anthgood
Grafter

And....so what....This forum is supposed to be here to resolve customer problems is it not. How was that post in anyway helpful to resolving anything.

And I love the way I say I was just hung up on by an agent, and your attitude is like its just another day at the office for plusnet.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I've listened to your call from today and I would like to sincerely apologise about the way the call was handled. Sad

It did also appear the adviser dropped the call. The agent has raised your complaint to their manager and you should be receiving a call back within 4 hours.

As for a cheaper deal, it's unlikely we'll be able to offer anything better because as my colleague Adam has explained the advisers are empowered to offer you the best deal they can.

anthgood
Grafter

And yet the agents say they aren't empowered to offer anything...

So who is the one telling the truth here?

It the absolute very least I just want my service to continue after the contract ends in January at the price I am paying now so once my line rental saver is up. I will move to sky.

Or I want a 12 months contract, not 18, on your higher prices you seem to want to offer me now in your 'best deal'. So when my line rental is up. I can move to sky.

Or after my contract in January is up. I want the remainder of my line rental refunded now with no penalities, so I can move to sky.

Not a single one of those is unreasonable. I am not losing money due to your customer service staff talking to me like dirt. I would have accepted the first deal if it had been offered to me on the phone. But it wasn't. [CSA Removed] started making suggestive discriminatory comments towards me and telling me my price is going up (which got deleted by the mod mav here on the forum due to being so appalling in his eyes. Try getting it on the phone mav is all I say). And then he emailed me a totally different deal he explained to me on the phone.

Set one of the above three up. And this issue is resolved. Accoring to you. The customer service against have all the power to do this, and the managers don't. And yet they refuse to use their power and be abusive. so to say again. Either you are lying on the forum. Or they are lying to me on the phone as they claim they have no powers.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

anthgood
Grafter

I have been reading Plusnets entire terms of service. It states once the 18 month contract is up. The contract reverts to a one month rolling contract until I cancel. 

"Once your minimum term expires you'll be switched to a rolling monthly contract automatically."

Thus it does not say a new contract starts, it says the existing contract reverts to one month rolling.

Thus there is nowhere in your terms and conditions does it say the price can go up on this new fresh contract. As there is no new contract its the same one reverting to rolling.. But the call handlers say they intend to put my prices up in January when my 18 months is up. The price as per your TOS needs to remain the same and you are breaching your own terms of service, and what I agreed to, by doing this.

It also says, if you put the prices of my contract up. Which you are in January without my permission to do so. I have reason to end my entire contract early. i.e line rental and get a refund.

Section 17 states - which I am going to quote.

17. After the agreement ends
17.1. If either of us end our agreement:
17.1.1. if you have paid any charges in advance we'll refund you for any services not used, but we'll first take off any money you owe us under our agreement(s). For security or compliance reasons we may not hold your payment details after our agreement has ended so you agree that we may make these refunds by cheque;

This is clearly meaning the 12 months line rental I paid you in advance. What else do you pay for in advance with Plusnet than this. So the call agents are wrong again by claiming it cannot be refunded once my 18 month contract ends as your own Terms of service says otherwise and it can and I am entitled for it to be.

Can someone please confirm the above two by replying to this post confirming I am correct. Or providing the correct quote of your terms of service justifying your conduct. As there is no way whatsoever come January my prices should increase. Nowhere did I agree to that and its not mentioned anywhere that I can see in your terms of service that you can do that.

In January, the prices need to remain as is. Not increase!

anthgood
Grafter

I want someone to deal with this. As Plusnet's telephone agents. And plusnet are breaching their own TOS as my post above shows quite clearly.

anthgood
Grafter

This is just meant as a heads up for other Plusnet customers. 

I had a telephone call with a Plusnet manager just now who I quoted the TOS to her and she disputed it all (she clearly didn't understand the TOS but she was trying to be clever and just disputing it on principal).

What she said was the contract I agreed to in 2015 was entirely verbal on the telephone in July 2015 and none of it was in writing or provided to me in writing or existing in writing whatsoever at their end too. She said the agent will have told me everything correctly at the time of what the contract consisted of during the actual call I agreed to it. I tried to tell her the complaint I had just made now, that you have accepted was is that agents have made a whole series of mistakes now so why would the one in 2015 be infallible on how he handled things and explaining this contract to me. So I asked for her to listen to the call from 2015 of my setting up the contract and how and what I was told. She said calls get deleted after a year so the call is now gone but she is certain the call handler would have handled everything right at the time.

I told her I was emailed simply this as my new contract at the time, and nothing else whatsoever was sent to me about this contract

"We're sending this email to confirm the details of your new contract.
Your new contract;
Your package will be subject to a new 18 month contract. This will take effect from 27/07/2015."

So the above is the entirety of my new contract I have in writing from plusnet. So she said she will get a tier 2 manager to phone me up next on this.

I have just now spoken to Consumer Direct on the phone and they have confirmed. For any contract with phone providers. Under the Consumer Contract Regulations 2013, Pre-contract information needs to be sent in writing including the name, address and conditions of the contract I was agreeing to in writing to the customer.

If they do not do this then they are not only breaking the law but in breach of contract immediately of the consumer credit regulations 2013.

Which Plusnet manager has confirmed the above to be the case as nothing was sent out to me and it was delt with entirely on that phone call.

So the Consumer Direct advisor has advised me to put my complaint in writing to Plusnet highlighting this .breach of contract And seek either continuation of the service that I agreed to as the outcome of that complaint (i.e in January the price remains the same and does not increase during this 30 day rolling contract). Or immediate non-penality cancellation with damages paid to me due to plusnets breach of contract by them for both them not honouring what was told to me by the agent in 2015 and also them not sending me it in writing (i.e the damages would be the refund of my remaining Line rental I paid in advance).

She said she is going to report Plusnet to Trading standards for this as what they have done is illegal.

I will relay all of this to the level 2 manager when he phones me today. But I suspect it will get nowhere. So I will then put a formal complaint in writing to them. But if anyone else gets shafted by Plusnet from the above I am hoping the above is of any use to them in challenging Plusnet on their illegal activities. 

If anyone things this is incorrect. I advise them to phone consumer direct to confirm this themselves. It is all true what I have been told.