cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation

Mellican1973

Compensation

Hello, my broadband was off between Thursday 10 May and Thursday 24 May. I have been offered 50p compensation. Is this correct? Are Plusnet not signed up to OFCOM’s automatic compensation scheme?
3 REPLIES 3
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Compensation

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

lc3566

Very poor indeed. I'm into my second week of downtime & was offered a refund of broadband charges for the downtime plus one month's free broadband by way of compensation. As you know, the bulk of our bill is the line rental - so in my case my "compensation" amounts to less than £10. Inadequate at best, but 50p is nothing short of an insult! I feel persistance is your only option. I'd advise you to call them & post here relentlessly if you have the time. These forum posts show up on google searches & are not good publicity for Plusnet when they're trying to drag in new customers. Good luck!

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

The Industry proposal for automatic-compensation which has been accepted by Ofcom is due to come into effect early 2019 with much better terms.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.