cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compensation for delay ?

tj1948
Hooked

Compensation for delay ?

I recently joined PlusNet.   I was given my change-over date as the 24th October.  I was with TalkTalk who switched me off on that date.  I heard nothing from PlusNet  except a text on the 24th saying my router was on its way from that day.  I got it on the 25th. 

I was without both telephone and broadband until the 26th when they were finally activated.

No apology or explanation was given.

I just wonder if I will ever be given an explanation or even a little compensation for the in convenience caused ?

My broadband speed at the moment is a lot slower than TalkTalk too.

I have been with PlusNet a few times over the years with no problems.

5 REPLIES 5
geek26
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Compensation for delay ?

Sorry to here about the slight delay in service being activated. The best way to get this resolved is to start a live chat with the customer service team here they will be able to answer the question for you. Alternatively you can wait for a member of Plusnet staff to pick this up.

James

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The error here looks to be with TalkTalk who should not have disabled their service until they received notification that the move to the BT network had completed.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

I am sorry to hear about this @tj1948

Unfortunately we do not compensate as a company for these issues and as @jelv commented as well they shouldn't have ceased your service before the transfer date, so this is something you would need to take up with your previous supplier.

tj1948
Hooked

I was cut off by TalkTalk on the day that PlusNet was supposed to be taking over my line!   Plusnet were two days late with no explanation!

I was originally supposed to be with you on 21st October and even that was changed.

Please advise.  Thank you

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

The orders were committed and expected to complete on 24/10/16. They did complete on this date.

I'm sorry to see you were able to get online until 26/10/16 and I do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this caused.

For downtime, we would generally refund the cost of the affected service during the downtime, however as your broadband is currently free, this would come to £0.

However having said this, I'd be happy to issue a refund of the cost of the service for the 2 days, based off of the standard ADSL pricing if you'd like.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet