cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with Plusnet

KeithPlumb

Communication with Plusnet

I received an email with this heading Question 205123368 has been updated. The email contained the text

"Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard"

However, when I click the link I am told this link does not work anymore.

It is clear to me that one part of Plusnet has no idea what another part is doing.

After fighting for 6 month it finally appears that I am to get the fibre broadband I have been trying to get. The problems have not all been Plusnet's but you have hardly been a shining example of how to do things. I have just ordered Plusnet Hub One - Business to go with the fibre broadband that I ordered last week. Why did not to order this separately surely it would have obvious at the time of upgrading to fibre that I needed this.

When I first joined Plusnet you were a great organisation. Now you are mediocre at best and I would not recommend you to anybody else.

13 REPLIES 13
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Communication with Plusnet

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to My Account / Billing 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

once you've logged in to the portal try https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
KeithPlumb

Many thanks for the answer. However, it would be helpful if the link in the e-mail did this instead of taking one to a place that said it did not work any more.

At present when I click on the link I get

"Help Assistant

We're sorry, but you can no longer ask a question through the Help Assistant.

We've made it quicker and easier to get the answers online for all the topics listed below."

I am sorry but I am not a mind reader and cannot immediately get from this to the point you refer to.

In this digital age things have supposed to have got easier. In reality in many cases they have got considerably harder!

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

tjmilburn
Hooked

I have the same issue. We can't email Plusnet, we can't open support tickets any more.

Yet their complaints page still says to use online chat or raise a ticket (https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/) - but online chat never works, and the support ticket wizard link on that page just gets stuck in a loop.

tjmilburn
Hooked

and if you email support@plus.net you get an auto response saying that they don't pick up emails, and telling you that they prefer electronic tickets, yet there is no way to raie one of these !!!

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@tjmilburn  The ticket link within the Complaints Code does work - at least it did when I last used it. As far as I am aware Plusnet still allow tickets to be raised for specific purposes, complaints being one of then, via the links on specific web pages, in the case of complaints the link is within the complaints code pages. Otherwise, unless it is for one of those specific purposes (complaints, faults etc) there is no way to raise a ticket nor is there Chat just the phone, social media or these forums. Definitely not award winning customer service.

petel
Dabbler

It certainly appears that Plusnet are trying to prevent their customers from contacting them.  I've been with Plusnet for around 20 years and until now had always thought that their customer service and communications were very good.  Unfortunately that appears to no longer be the case.  I can only assume that they think the way to avoid complaints is to prevent people from submitting them.  It is not surprising that the ratings for Plusnet seem to have been in freefall over the last couple of years.  Time to think about a move to a more competent ISP.

tjmilburn
Hooked

Yesterday I tried from the link on the complaints page and it got stuck in a loop, flashing to the login page and never getting anywhere. The loop got stuck in the cache as well so until I cleared that, couldn't even get back into the regular "my account" pages... 🙄

www.plus.net/wizard just goes to this:

Help Assistant

We're sorry, but you can no longer ask a question through the Help Assistant.

We've made it quicker and easier to get the answers online for all the topics listed below.

jgb
Champion

@tjmilburn Did you try logging into your Members Centre before trying the ticket link on the complaints page? I have seen reports on these forums of problems when trying to some things before rather than after logging in. That should not really happen but that is Plusnet's systems!

If the link on the complaints page does not in fact work properly then it is imperative that Plusnet fix things, as they have said, again on these forums, that the ability to complain via a ticket is a facility that is supposed to exist. Hopefully a staff member will pick thisi up and investigate.

petel
Dabbler

I was told by a member of customer services that online complaints were no longer supported. 

HOWEVER, I then had this response from another member of customer services:

"I would like to start of by correcting something one of my previous colleagues have advised. You are spot on in terms of where you can raise complaints. Complaints can be raised via the members centre over the phone or in writing to us.
Our online chat service is now limited to new sales, no existing customer can chat to an advisor. Instead it will just refer you to our social media page on twitter."

I have managed to get to the Help Assistant page by going via the Complaints Code of Practice link at the bottom of the webpage and it looks as though I can submit a complaint there, which I will do when I'm feeling stronger.  Strangely, the webpage encourages me to "speak to our Plusnet Chat team", which as an existing customer I can apparently no longer do??!

For a company that built its reputation around the quality of customer service, Plusnet seem intent on trashing the organisation.  Whoever has formulated this strategy needs to be shown the door.

jgb
Champion

@petel 

This sounds typical of Plusnet these days:

-. Different advice / answers from different customer services staff.

- Flaky systems that seem to have a mind of their own whether to work or not.

- Still not removing  redundant Live Chat links on the Members Centre pages despite many instances of customers pointing them out to Plusnet, with the attendant confusion caused to customers that the existence of those links brings.

As you say, Plusnet are intent on trashing their customer service reputation or, more correctly, probably being led their by their owner, BT.

petel
Dabbler

It's very sad to see a previously good company failing like this.  I feel sorry for staff who have worked for them for many years and have had to watch it happen.  I see from the most recent Ofcom report on service quality (2019) that Plusnet had 100 complaints to Ofcom per 100,000 customers - nearly 5 times the rate for Sky (and twice the rate for BT!).  And only 33% of broadband complaints to Plusnet resolved on first contact.  I dread to think what the figures will be for 2020 if my recent experiences are anything to go by.