cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cold call

Boxman101
Grafter

Cold call

Despite being TPS registered, after three calls on my home phone from a Sheffield number have been blocked by my system got a call from the same number on my mobile.  Told that the caller is ringing "on behalf of Plusnet" to "check if I'm on the best broadband deal in the market place" ie it was a sales call to flog me broadband.  The pushy caller started to ask me security questions at which point I robustly (but with no abusive language) told them to go away.

I find this very disappointing because it very much looks like Plusnet have realised that my contract with them expires shortly and despite me clearly opting out from marketing calls they have passed my contact details on to a marketing company.  They are clearly breaking the agreement between us and coupled with the fact that after January their prices to me as an existing customer will be uncompetitive, I cannot see me sticking with them.

Any comments Plusnet?

12 REPLIES 12
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Cold call

Really sorry to hear you've received this call despite being opted out of marketing calls.

I've flagged this up with the relevant people to look in to why this happened so we can try and avoid this happening for others. I've also asked to make sure you number is removed from the list of people that should be receiving these types of calls.

I am sorry to hear that you'll be thinking of leaving when your contract is up. If you do decide to move away from us, I do wish you all the best with your new provider.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Boxman101
Grafter

Thank you for the prompt and fair reply Harry, I don't particularly WANT to leave Plusnet so let's discuss your competitiveness in the New Year and see if there is any room to negotiate a contract that suits both parties.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

@Boxman101 wrote:

I don't particularly WANT to leave Plusnet so let's discuss your competitiveness in the New Year

Sounds good Thumbs_Up

In the new year, if you call our Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 (Selecting the option for thinking of leaving) they should be able to discuss cheaper deals on new contracts.

Alternatively if you drop me a message I may be able to get one of them to give you a call.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
BertieBassett
Grafter

Firstly, Thank you Boxman101 for your post. My circumstances are absolutely identical.( Including being subscribed to TPS). The full incoming number from Sheffield is:- 01143073836. I spoke to "Sherrydon" on chat and the reply was that this isn't a PlusNet call centre as they don't have one in Sheffield. Harry, I wonder if you will kindly stop these call coming through. It will go along way to my renewing my contract in January. Thank you for your help.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to hear that @BertieBassett

I've passed your account/contact details on to ensure they're also removed from the dialler.

No idea why someone on chat has advised we don't have a call centre in Sheffield, if that's the case I'm in the wrong office!

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

As far as I remember companies that you are, or have been, a customer of are not covered by TPS.  That's probably why you are given the choice of opting out of cold calls when signing up with various organisations.

Boxman101
Grafter

Understand what you're saying Jonpe but these people said they are calling on behalf of Plusnet and confirmed they are NOT actually Plusnet.  Therefore they should surely respect the fact that I am TPS registered.  I have told Plusnet that I do not wish to receive any marketing calls from them or their associates and partners.

Googling around it would seem that they are actually a company called Voice Marketing.

BertieBassett
Grafter

@HarryB wrote:

Sorry to hear that @BertieBassett

I've passed your account/contact details on to ensure they're also removed from the dialler.

No idea why someone on chat has advised we don't have a call centre in Sheffield, if that's the case I'm in the wrong office!

Thanks for that Harry. If you need any more details or clarification to supress these calls, then please ask.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@Boxman101 It could be a loophole used by PN, but companies often also ask you to tick to say you do not wish to be contacted by other companies associated with the one you are actually with, which would - in this case - presumably cover Voice Marketing.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

This page should have all the boxes UNTICKED to block any marketing from Plusnet for Broadband, Phone and TV customers

https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=modifyMailOptions

For Mobile customers goto https://www.plus.net/my-account/mobile/change-details/ and scroll down to 'Contact Preferences'.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Boxman101
Grafter

I have just double checked and in my case they are all unticked, just as they have been for all the six years I have been with Plusnet.

BertieBassett
Grafter

Same here folks - relevant boxes are unticked. Come on PlusNet get this sorted.