cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closed ticket 220864385 - Plusnet please respond

andy499
Grafter

Re: Closed ticket 220864385 - Plusnet please respond

Hi, I get constant lag spikes in whatever games I’m playing, quality drops in whatever I’m watching / streaming.

What is this line noise and where could it be coming from? Again, I don’t want my speed capped, if I can get 50mb+ I want that. I am paying for it at the end of the day.

What can we do here?
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@andy499 

OK. Re: I assume you don't turn off your Hub1 at any time, in which case this indicates you are experiencing DSL drops for some reason. Can you post the WAN log -as a screenshot - please? This may give us an idea of what is happening. (Line 5)

This is most likely due to the DSL drops mentioned above, and should reduce if we can stop them.

John
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

@Townman Don't know if you have seen them, but the OP has, slightly earlier posted BT speed tests showing horrendous (sub-5Mb/s) results.

John
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @andy499, thanks for getting back to us and confirming.

I have re-opened the fault ticket for you and have sent off a request to have the line un-banded from the 44mb though given your throughput speed is coming back quite a lot less than that, I don't think it's the cause of the problems.

I just have a few questions, you've mentioned the router is "above the socket in my living room", can you just clarify on this; is the router connected to the master socket? I understand you have advised that you use it as a modem only with a mesh system but for troubleshooting purposes, have you tried disconnecting all other equipment such as powerline adaptors/ any other mesh equipment etc and then just running a direct Ethernet test, to rule out problems with them?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
andy499
Grafter

Yes, master socket.

It doesn’t make a difference what is connected, the connection speed is sporadic with mesh connected and power lines or without.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for confirming, I have update your fault ticket with the next steps.

If you let us know once you have added a reply we can pick that up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
andy499
Grafter

Please read my account. An engineer came out recently and put a new socket on and could not find any other fault. It must be at your end.

Can you advise if the cap has been removed yet? I’m still seeing no more than 39.9mbps.
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks for getting back to me.

As it has been around 6 months since an engineer has been and this is a new fault raised on the account, we would still need to send an engineer to progress as not much more we can our side (other than request banding is removed but as you are reporting some speeds well below this I don't think this is what is causing the problem you are seeing though we can of course hold off an engineer until this has been lifted).

It can take up to 72 working hours for the banding to be lifted. Our faults team will check back on this after a couple of days when we expect it to be removed.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

@LaurenB 

What does the exchange back haul look like please?

We saw recently a case where BTw claimed no back haul issues (as suggested by the S-VLAN reports) but on more diligent inspection from BTw they found their reports flawed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hiya @Townman, the VLAN checks are looking all fine with no issues reported.

I'm not able to contact the Quality Assurance team today to check further as they are closed.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team