cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close my account

thewednesday

Close my account

Will someone at plusnet please sort your stupid website out. I wish to close my account. That's all. I get sent astound and around and astound following likely looking links that lead nowhere useful.

When I put "close my account" in the search engine it sends me to an "award winning customer helpline" phone number that doesn't get answered for 45 minutes. Or a link to on line chat which isn't available.

PLEASE CLOSE MY ACCOUNT!

7 REPLIES 7
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Close my account

Sorry to hear you're wanting to cancel.

I'm afraid we can't take cancellation requests over the forums.

The best people to speak to will be our Customer Options team on 0800 013 2632

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note:

Thread moved from Broadband to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Mav
Fixes: 515

@thewednesday Do you have any Ad-blockers installed as they can interfere with on-line chat working?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Devarla

Hello Mathew!

Can you pls advice. 

I have relocated to a third world country and my Uk phone does not work here I did call and wait for customer service for over 30 mins to get through. I have tried this and its just not possible to reach customer care.

I really do not understand why it has to be so difficult.

Devarla

I have tried every possible means to request Pulsenet to cancel my account since I have relocated....and it feels like I am headon against Fort Knox. Pls advice how can I cancel my account. apart from calling the customer care and waiting for hours to get through on an international call. I did make  a few futile attempts times already. Can somebody in the forum pls HELP?Huh

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Devarla

from https://www.plus.net/help/legal/cancellation-policy/

By post to: Plusnet plc, The Balance, 2 Pinfold St. Sheffield, S1 2GU. It is recommended that for your own peace of mind, any letter containing a cancellation request for cease of service is sent by recorded delivery. We cannot accept responsibility for lost letters not sent in this way. The letter must state the name of the account holder, the account username, the full address of where we are providing the service as well as the telephone number which we are providing the service on.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Devarla,

Thanks for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear about the long wait times to get through to Customer Support. I would suggest calling our Customer options team as they will be able to place the cancellation for you, this team generally have between 5-10 minutes waiting time. You can call them during their opening hours:

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
9am - 7pm Saturday
9am - 6pm Sunday

Or as you mention due to your been abroad you can send us a cancellation letter into our Sheffield address quoting your username and date you wish for cancellation. Our Sheffield address is:

Plusnet PLC,

The Balance,

2 Pinfold street,

Sheffield

S1 2GU.

Let us know how you get on.