cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close My Account.

tonysheff
Hooked

Close My Account.

TalkTalk took over my account on the 5th Jan, Plusnet have taken a payment for January and February.. I spent 45mts on phone calls to different depts, Firstly to told I needed to close the account, when I told him TalkTalk had informed Plusnet of the take over, he said they hadn,t. When I told him whenever I have changed providers I have never had a problem. He gave a  phone number to phone which I did, the young man there told me Talkalk had informed Plusnet of the takeover but it had not been passed to the relevant dept. He said he would pass it on, and confirmed by email. 

Hello Anthony,

Account username: tonysheff

Our Support Team have opened Question 143908074 to track an issue on your account.

This is to confirm that I have now sent your account to the relevant team to close. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

How long does it take to close an account. I must say I am not at all with Plusnets cusomer service.

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) CSA name removed to private staff area as per Forum rules

7 REPLIES 7
idonno
Champion
Fixes: 6

Re: Close My Account.

One reason (unless there is money to be refunded) I close down Direct Debits myself. Very easy to do with online banking. The worse that can happen when transferring business away is a couple of days later, you get a letter bemoaning the closure of the direct debit. Tough old world. Takes seconds to do, saves a lot of hassle and YOU are firmly in the driving seat. Without the DD being in place, no money can be taken.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

Ever helpful. Grin Sure, I’d love to help you out. Now which way did you come in?
tonysheff
Hooked

Many Thanks for that. I am contemplating that move. They have taken  the March payment. If I get another bill notification, I will cancel the D.D. before it is taken.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Leave this with me, I'll check up on things tomorrow for you. Apologies for the inconvenience.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
tonysheff
Hooked

Thank You Anoush, That would be greatly appreciated.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

I've looked into your account and I can see that we're waiting for the direct debit to either clear or fail before we can process the cancellation.

Once this has happened we will be in touch.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

What?  The account transferred on 5th Jan, a subsequent  DD raised for a service you were no longer required to provide and you expect it to clear prior to closing the account?  Billing system needs replacement urgently!!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@tonysheff

You really need to report this to OFCOM via their monitoring webpage https://ofcomforms.secure.force.com/formentry/SitesFormCCTMonitoring

Why? Because Plusnet are currently under investigation by OFCOM for charging customers who have left for services not supplied. Plusnet in their submission to OFCOM claim it is an historic event ending in 2015. Obviously that is not the case as they are continuing to charge you but unless people like yourself contact OFCOM then things will not improve for all customers.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT