Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claim your Plusnet Cashback

FIXED
handfordjeffes
Hooked

Claim your Plusnet Cashback

I just got an email from Plusnet - Welcome to the Plusnet family! ........

We’re pleased to tell you that your services have gone live and you can now claim your Plusnet cashback on us. After completing a simple form we will send your cheque to the address that you provided when you signed up. Whilst we will make every effort to get your cashback to you as soon as possible please allow up to 30 days to receive your cheque.
Please remember you need to make sure you’ve made your claim within 2 months. If you have any questions relating to cashback then please find our FAQ’s on cashback here and click here to fill out your form and redeem your cashback.

Is this a scam, is someone phishing. How do we claimback the £50 inscentive for joining?

12 REPLIES 12
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Claim your Plusnet Cashback

A question - were you offered cashback on signing up?

If you were, and your services have truly gone live, those two underlined links look genuine to me, so follow the instructions. If cashback did NOT feature in your offer, then I would treat them as suspicious, and delete the email.

John
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

nadger
Rising Star

Our daughter signed up with Plusnet in October and still hasn't received her £50 cashback despite phone going live on 9th November.

Hopefully, after hour on phone, it's now been sorted.

handfordjeffes
Hooked

Yes we were offer a refund on signing up, it's just plusnet have our detail name, address etc all the thing for phishing, but ass you say most of the address are plusnet except the one with the form?

I used the online help and this said they don't send emails like that?

Thanks everyone for your help I think I will phone and wait my turn, if the letter is correct I have 30 days to claim. 

harrym1byt
Rising Star

@handfordjeffes wrote:

Is this a scam, is someone phishing. How do we claimback the £50 inscentive for joining?

Yes, it is genuine. I was doubtful and even more doubtful that it might be cashback in the form of coupons to be used with another purchase, but on completing the form I was sent a cheque for £50 which I could bank - all well within the time schedule that I was told it would be. It seemed very odd that I would need to claim it, when they already had all my details, but.....

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Fix

@handfordjeffes wrote:

Yes we were offer a refund on signing up, it's just plusnet have our detail name, address etc all the thing for phishing, but ass you say most of the address are plusnet except the one with the form?

I used the online help and this said they don't send emails like that?

Thanks everyone for your help I think I will phone and wait my turn, if the letter is correct I have 30 days to claim. 

To claim the cash back you don't need to call us. If you follow the links in that email you received, that should process the claim automatically for you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

harrym1byt,

I've asked elsewhere on this forum why companies use cashback/Sainsbury's vouchers etc, but had no reply.  I must therefore conclude from what I see here and on the BT forum that it's done that way in the hope that a large number of customers will fail to jump through all the hoops required to actually get the money/vouchers.

harrym1byt
Rising Star

I wouldn't call it 'all the hoops' in PN's case - just the one email arriving asking you to complete a form with your name and address for the cheque. The cheque then arrived soon after, drawn on Couttes bank.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

handfordjeffes
Hooked

Thanks Everyone apparently it was correct as I found when I phoned although the operator wasn't certain and came back an hour later after checking. Strange that on line help said it was a scam?

I look forward to my cash back. Thanks again. 

homies53

I signed up to contract in October 2016 through money supermarket and was told the offer include £80 cash back. I never received any email every from plus net to my email account or any information on this cheque which we expected within 6 months. Now we have to cancel our service due to landlord selling the house and so I am chasing this offer. 

Can you please inform me of steps I can take to recover this?

With thanks

Grainne

handfordjeffes
Hooked

To claim the cash back you don't need to call them. If you follow the links in the email you received, that should process the claim automatically for you.

If not call them. 

It might be too late I think ours said you had to apply within 30 days, but I could be wrong.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

I think it's 60 days, (and if homies53/Grainne didn't receive the email, she can't follow the link in it. Smiley)