cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking your details - how long?

mightyoakbob

Checking your details - how long?

Hi,
My father ordered Plusnet Broadband on Monday this week. Bit worried to see it still saying checking your details after 3 days.
When he first tried to order PN BB my old man expected to give credit card details but PN insisted that they wanted bank direct debit. This meant he had to phone back with those details.
Later, when he got the confirmation email, it said becasue "you" have chosen to pay by DD this will delay things by up to 5 days.  Grrrrrr!
He phoned back and gave credit card details in addition to the DD bank details and was told this would speed things up. Well if this is faster what would slower have been like?
Can we do anything to get this kicked off?
11 REPLIES 11
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Checking your details - how long?

Welcome to the forum
Even acorns dont mature over night
PN have to contact BT Wholesale, Who then contact BT Openreach, this takes time, even in this modern age, so about 4 to 5 days is normal after the CC details are added
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
It looks like the order has been placed, we'll update you by ticket and email as soon as we get any further updates.
scotslass86
Grafter

Ive recently joined too and the whole process took 1 week from ordering BB to being activated so it shouldn't be too long
mightyoakbob

Quote from: pierre_pierre
Welcome to the forum
Even acorns dont mature over night
PN have to contact BT Wholesale, Who then contact BT Openreach, this takes time, even in this modern age, so about 4 to 5 days is normal after the CC details are added

Thank you for the welcome.
I think the thing that bothered me is that the status says "checking your details", not awaiting BT open reach or whatever. We were thinking what does checking your details mean, and thought it must be this DD setup which if we've also given a credit card shouldn't be a problem I wouldn't have thought.
Thanks anyway.
Bob.

mightyoakbob

Quote from: Matt
Hi there,
It looks like the order has been placed, we'll update you by ticket and email as soon as we get any further updates.

Hi Matt,
I'm impressed that you managed to work out which account it was, how on earth.....?
Good news though thanks.
Bob.
mightyoakbob

Quote from: scotslass86
Ive recently joined too and the whole process took 1 week from ordering BB to being activated so it shouldn't be too long

Thanks for that.
Hope Dad's is a quick.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Forum accounts are linked to your broadband accounts (that's why you need a username in order to sign up Smiley )
Don't worry though, it's only staff and moderators that have visibility of those details, and only staff who can access our internal systems.
Edit: Corrected as per the above, it's only staff that can see these details (thanks very much Jim)
REMOVED_ACCOUNT
Dabbler

Hi,
Similar to this enquiry, I'm at this point & I'm just hoping my move over from Sky Fibre LLU is able to progress.
Can any staff confirm how long this might take?
Generally, I'm impressed by the service so far, and the way these forums seem to operate.
Head and shoulders above Sky.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
The issue at present is that your line isn't currently showing on BTs database so we can't actually place an order for the service yet. We've requested an update to get the line added so we can place an order and are waiting for confirmation that that has happened at the moment.
As soon as it is we'll be able to pick up where the ticket left off and book an appointment to get things working for you, I'm sorry for the delay.
Hope that helps explain Smiley
REMOVED_ACCOUNT
Dabbler

Thanks for that, Matt.
Much appreciated.
REMOVED_ACCOUNT
Dabbler

This appears to be exactly the situation I am in
http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Broadband-Talk-Orders/Unable-to-leave-sky-number-not-in-Openreach-da...
Do I need to get Sky to cut off my service first?
Or just bite the bullet and let Plusnet add in a new line?