cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check on account setup progress

v123

Check on account setup progress

Hi all,
Sorry if I'm jumping the gun, but I signed up for a new broadband account on Sunday and the status has just sat at 'Checking your details' all week. I raised a support ticket yesterday morning, but haven't heard anything yet.
Does this process normally take a little while?
Many thanks
10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Check on account setup progress

Hi there,
It looks like you might have missed an email from us back on the 22nd. It's just advising that we'd need a MAC key before we can arrange for your broadband service to be transferred over.
You'd just need to request that from your current ISP.
Feel free to reply back when you have that and I'll make sure we do our bit for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
v123

Hi Adam,
Thank you for coming back.
We don't actually have broadband, so we don't have a current ISP to request a MAC code from.
Many thanks
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, records are showing an active broadband service on the line at the moment, I just tried giving you a call to ask about that by the way?
Have you just moved into the property you've asked us to activate a new service for?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
v123

Hi Adam,
Thanks for coming back.
We've lived in the property for many years, but have never had broadband here. Sorry - I did have a live-chat with a member of the sales team after placing the order on Sunday - the website was asking us for a MAC code, but I was told to ignore that.
Thanks again.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Just want to check some details with you in that case as I've checked this with our suppliers and there's an active broadband service on the line from another provider.
Are you in now if I call for a quick chat?
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
v123

Hi Adam,
Is it OK if you talk to my son-in-law about it - he's technically minded and is helping me set it up and chase this. Is there a way I can give you his number? He's already a plusnet customer and has recommended me setting up with you. Can I maybe add his number to the support ticket?
Thank you.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sure, I'd advise raising a support ticket giving his name and asking that to be added as an authorised contact to the account (just to avoid any issues with data protection).
Contact numbers can be updated through the member centre at http://www.plus.net
I'll make sure we get you sorted.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
v123

Hi Adam,
Thank you - I've just added a ticket with my son-in-law's details and asked for him to be added as a contact.
Thanks again.
v123

Hi Adam,
I've also just added his mobile number on the account itself. He's available this afternoon if you need to check anything.
Thanks again.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem,
I've spoken to Dean and I've given a couple of suggestions to pass on to you.
Hope we can get this sorted out soon.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team