cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheapest way to leave/transfer broadband when leaving house share.

jess1808
Dabbler

Cheapest way to leave/transfer broadband when leaving house share.

Hi, I will be leaving my flat in the summer, my 12 month contract with plusnet will be finished but from what I understand I would have to pay a £12.90 fee for unlimited broadband and a £30 cessation charge, is there any way to avoid these? My flatmates would be happy to stay with plusnet but it would need to change names, or they could change providers using a MAC key but a different name would that avoid the cessation charge? I cannot take the broadband with me as I am moving back home.
Also if I need to just cancel this would it be 14 days before the last payment date?
Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
jess1808
Dabbler

Re: Cheapest way to leave/transfer broadband when leaving house share.

I've just realised the £12.90 fee won't be there as its because my contract hasn't yet ended but it will be finished about the time I leave, still any way to avoid the £30 fee, all the other tenants are staying but its in my name.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Cheapest way to leave/transfer broadband when leaving house share.

The £30 is unavoidable if you are in a contracted product I'm afraid. As the account is in your name, the account and circuit would be ceased as you leave. Sad
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team