cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges to mobiles (not landlines) in Guernsey

FIXED
smithy_sid

Charges to mobiles (not landlines) in Guernsey

. I made a landline call to my son's mobile two days ago. He happened to be in Guernsey. The call lasted 33 minutes and I was charged £10.13 despite having the mobile add-on to my landline call package. I have searched all the PlusNet call charge documentation and there is nowhere that details charges to mobiles in Guernsey. Guernsey is not listed as an International destination and calls to Guernsey landlines are treated as UK calls. Why did this happen and how can I have this charge removed, as it appears to be totally undocumented?

I suspect that the Channel Islands have fallen through the cracks regarding calls to mobiles there from UK landlines. They are listed as band 9 in the charge documentation for mobile to mobile calls, but are not listed as an International destination for calls from a UK landlin ! Worth noting that calls to the channel islands don't require a country prefix so you might well assume they are treated as UK. The mobile I was calling started 07839 so there was no clue there that I would be charged a rate of 30p per minute!

Can anyone please enlighten me?

3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Charges to mobiles (not landlines) in Guernsey

Fix

Hi @smithy_sid,

I'm sorry that you've had an unexpected charge for a call to a mobile in Guernsey. I can confirm that calls to mobiles in the Channel Islands are charged as international calls. This doesn't appear to be included within our price guides and I will flag this to the relevant team. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

As a gesture of goodwill due to the call charge information not being listed, I've added a credit to your account to cover the cost of this call. Please be aware that calls to mobiles in the Channel Islands will be chargeable moving forwards.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

He happened to be in Guernsey

@smithy_sid  I'm slightly confused here, is his phone a UK mobile and he was roaming In Guernsey OR is it a Guernsey registered mobile ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Ignore me, just checked and 07839 is Airtel Guernsey. Hence its not a UK mobile

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.