cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges going up from £28 a month to £32 a month because we moved house?

bazmcg

Charges going up from £28 a month to £32 a month because we moved house?

Hello Plusnet team,

Just wondering why the increase in charges for moving house? Its a bit annoying to be honest, we've moving 10minutes away in a neighbourhood with the same connection speed roughly, plus the fact I actually looked on your website at https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/movinghome/ which didn't mention any increase in charge due to a move. If I had known this would happen, I would have not chosen PlusNet to begin with.

We only recently joined PlusNet and opted to pay a little extra £24 to £28  for broadband as I convinced my partner the service would be better. I'll be honest, I'm not very happy at this increase in charge.

It was my partner who called just now as she is the account holder. Any insight to the increase is this normal? Can we change provider because these charges were not made clear on the website?

EDIT: So my partner tells me it was take the 32 over 12 month or pay £65 for change of address, still seems very excessive. 

Many thanks,
Baz

4 REPLIES 4
OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Charges going up from £28 a month to £32 a month because we moved house?

Hi bazmcg@

We're sorry that you are unhappy with our House Move terms and conditions.

I'm afraid that it isn't free to move services as there are costs involved regarding engineers and administration to name but a few.

If you would like to stay on the same contract you have the option of paying £65 which covers the engineer charges and admin. Most customers don't wish to pay this charge so a new contract is agreed at the new premises at a higher rate.

This is standard process for the majority of UK providers I'm afraid and isn't against our terms and conditions.

We understand your frustration having to spend more money for moving home as nobody wants extra cost in their lives.

Should you have any further queries please feel free to get back in touch as we're more than happy to help.

Thank you.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Fibre to Account / Billing

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

wouldn't it be a better option to ask the home mover how they wish to pay the fee before they move rather than them chasing afterwards as to why things have increased, seem a more logical and better for all solution to me but i know plusnet doesn't always work that way. 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

At the time of initiating the house move, we'd normally give them the option to either agree to a new contract with no one-off fees or pay £65 (+ a possible new line installation fee of £49.99) and stay on their current contract.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet