cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges for phone calls not made

PGardoce2K15

Charges for phone calls not made

Hi,
I have been charged for phone calls made to a 123 number since coonection. I have not made any calls to this number. I don't even know what it is for.  The line is not working either. I reported this to Customer Service and spoke to a"[CSA Removed]" and was offered to reduce the bill to half. Is she mad? I did not make these call and I want to be reimbursed for the charges since connection.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

7 REPLIES 7
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Charges for phone calls not made

You may find this interesting.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi PGardoce2K15,
Usually I'd attribute this to engineers dialling the number in, especially as you have recently had a fault. That being said, this number is being dialled out daily, and has been for a while now. Even at daft o clock in the morning.
Do you have any alarm systems, or anything similar hooked up to your telephone line?
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
patriciahow

I have just been billed for around 20 calls i have not made i do not have a phone in my home i have a mobile using the landline only for internet.  I was shown a list of calls made when I have been away and at work, I called the numbers with my mobile phone and nobody on the other end knows who I am what is going on Plusnet how can this be happening this is really not acceptable and I want something done about it asap

patriciahow

I have an alarm system not connected to the internet as it is quite old.  I have no actual phone and so cant understand these calls and most of them are made when I am away or not even at home.  I called all the numbers and asked them if they know me and none of them knew who I was

patriciahow

I have not reported a fault so how would i know there was a fault on my line all i know is that i have been charged for numbers it would be impossible for me to call as I don't know the numbers and anyway I have a mobile phone that is unlimited contract so something is amiss

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

First thing to do is check whether you have a crossed line, and therefore paying for someone else's calls. Dial 17070 on your landline, listen to the announcement, and check that the correct number is quoted.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You could also try calling your landline number from your mobile and see if is is answered by someone else.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)