cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges for Leaving PN

nanceeuk

Charges for Leaving PN

Hello all,

I am struggling to work out costs involved in switching to another provider.  My situation: 

Line Rental saver ends on 14th Dec - so given Plusnet's demand of 14 days notice, I would be paying a month by month line rental fee at the time of leaving and not on a saver deal anymore

Still have 6 months left on contract 

Could anyone from PN or otherwise please help me understand what the charges would be?  

Also, if I move over to Talk talk (im in London) - would I incurr a cease fee?  I believe they use the BT network?  

Many thanks -

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): All caps title edited as per Forum rules.

2 REPLIES 2
TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Re: Charges for Leaving PN

Hi nanceeuk, you can see a detailed breakdown of the process Here - Tony

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Charges for Leaving PN

Hi there.

Have you thought about paying your line rental saver for a further 12 months, then if you contact Customer Options on 0800 013 2632 within the last 3 months of your contract we'll be happy to offer you a new deal?

With regards to the cease fee, I believe in a lot of exchanges Talk Talk have an LLU presence. This means that they'd generally use their own equipment rather than BT Wholesale equipment. If this is the case, the fee would apply.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet