Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges for 03 numbers?

jrilton
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Charges for 03 numbers?

Hello
I have PN unlimited BB  and Landline which comes with inclusive weekend calls I made a couple of calls to 03 numbers on weekends and have been charged for them one is over £4, should these be included in my package?
I used to get these as part of my allowance with SKY and I'm sure even Ofcom say these numbers must be included in any inclusive allowances?
Unless I'm missing something obvious?
Any ideas?
Thanks
12 REPLIES 12
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Charges for 03 numbers?

I also thought 03* numbers were charged at local rates therefore included in the allowance.
Can you post the first four or five digits to PN can pick this up when they see it ?
We dialled a 0344 number last week and a 31 minute call cost zero under my Talk Anytime package.
*Edit - were both calls under 60 minutes ? You get charged if they go over an hour.
jrilton
Rising Star

hello
It was also an 0344 number 034424. I called sky to complain about an incorrect final bill, the call lasted 45 min because I kept getting sent to the wrong department.
I'll check for other billed calls too as there might be more!
Thanks Smiley
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

I have PN unlimited BB  and Landline
Have you paid your line rental in advance using the LIne Rental Saver option ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jrilton
Rising Star

Yes I paid my line rental upfront and I'm even getting charged for local 01 number son a weekend too!
Does paying upfront make a difference?
EDIT: Just went to try as if I was placing a new order and only just noticed the bit about not having included mins d'oh, well there are my savings from line saver gone! I just totally missed that point.
I'll use my mobile from now on!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Yes, I'm afraid so, the Line rental saver does not include any calls at all. There's been a few people confused by this in the past and it should have been obvious during the signup process that the w/e calls would be removed, but I don't think it is!. If you signed up over the phone then you should have been informed at the time. The only option, other than complaining vigorously, is to add Evenings & Weekends at £2/month, since the w/e only calls is not available as an option. Section 2 in here http://www.plus.net/support/phone/home-phone-faq.shtml gives the information you need.
well there are my savings from line saver gone! I just totally missed that point.
Yes, it rather defeats the object of LRS in my opinion, by the time you've added E & W/E back in you're only saving £1/month...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Check the settings in the "control panel" mine says:
Product:
Talk Evenings & Weekends
But I was on this from way back, and it gets renewed with my lrs.
jrilton
Rising Star

Quote from: MisterW
Yes, I'm afraid so, the Line rental saver does not include any calls at all. There's been a few people confused by this in the past and it should have been obvious during the signup process that the w/e calls would be removed, but I don't think it is!.

I signed up online, I only noticed it because I was looking for it, I agree I don't think it is that obvious and if you say a few people have been caught out by it then perhaps PN need to review how they inform customers.
Seems a shame really, I'll know for next time.
Thanks for your help
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Yes HB, older LRS products included a call package. It seems to be that only recently did the calls get removed when taking LRS. I'm not aware that other ISP's do this ?. I think it's totally confusing, especially since the main product page implies that the call package is included with the BB product.

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

If they advertise it included then it should still be included with the lrs. Need to fix their backend AGAIN.
jrilton
Rising Star

Well the front page where it shows what you are buying says you get weekend calls, its when you click on the line saver option, it does have a note to say inclusive mins are not included in this. I do NOT remember ever seeing this when I ordered, to be honest it would have put me off ordering. Of course I could have just missed it when I placed my order.
Can anyone at PN confirm when this change took place? Maybe I ordered as the change was going through?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

There was a thread about this a little while ago http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,129987.0.html
It's all very confusing ( and misleading! ), as you say, if you click on the 'Line Rental' it show that LRS doesn't include any calls BUT then again it states that normal monthly line rental includes Weekend calls which is obviously not correct if you have a Fibre BB package, as that includes E & W/e calls. So that tends to indicate, in my mind, that the call package IS associated with the BB product and not just the Line rental arrangements...

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

This hairy chestnut again!
It really is time PlusNET stopped promoting services as "broadband+call plan is £x" plus "line rental".  If the call plan is not part of the broadband package charge - irrespective of how one chooses to pay for the line rental - then it should not be advertised as though it is.