Did you mean: 

Charged twice for phone line saver

FIXED
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Charged twice for phone line saver

Thank you for getting back to us @IanBlackburn.

I've taken a look into the account today and responded to the ticket regarding this matter, which can be viewed here. Please let us know via this thread once you've been able to read and respond so that we may review the ticket further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
IanBlackburn
Dabbler

There is nothing new in your response apart from your refusal to escalate the issue ("because nothing would change")

If anyone else would like to take this up with Plus.Net CEO you can find his details here: https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9623 

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

@JonoH wrote:

We've absolutely got it wrong, I'm really sorry that you've been charged twice. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

It seems from the volume of complaints on this issue, that there is a systematic failure somewhere in the billing system. Although the numbers are still small compared to the number of installed users so individual corrective actions might be sensible whilst the system is overhauled. What we're missing is a management statement of what is being done to remedy the problem, and who is doing this work. Some regular reports on what they are doing would be good too. Sympathetic statements only go so far in restoring confidence in the system.

SGTE
Dabbler

"...processed in the manor they're" so whereabouts is this manor; does it also have a house;  are there small or large fields? 🙂

sellers01_uk

Finally got an email from plus net saying they were refunding money for this error. Checked my account and they have refunded it today, so now I have my direct debit guarantee refund from the bank and now the one from plus net.

Not sure what problems this will now cause. Do I need to pay again manually for rental saver or will they take it?
u3awalker

I had this problem but saw it before the money was taken and with the agreement of your Customer Service cancelled the Direct Debit while you sorted things out. Up to yesterday nothing happened but I then received a general note saying that as there was no Direct Debit a cheque would be issued within 2 weeks. I am also getting chased for payment. From my original conversation I gathered that the 2nd amount would simply be cancelled so I could then re-instate the DD. What should I do as I need to get the DD re-raised shortly for my October Invoice?

Thank you

rippedoffme
Grafter

I have exactly the same problem and received similar documents including notice that a refund cheque would be sent for the LRS; if that happens I wont have paid anything! 

I was told by CSC analyst that they were

"In the process of removing the LRS charge from invoice so I do apologise if you receive any communications regarding an outstanding balance".

I take this to mean ignore anything apart from a correct bill. It's up to PN.

However like you I need to set up a new DD, but am loath to do so until records are correct as sods law says PN automated billing services will take out the LRS again.

A comment and advise from a CSC analyst would be appreciated as it is getting closer to my October bill date.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@sellers01_uk, in this case I'd head on over to http://www.plus.net/pay to make the payment again.

@u3awalker and @rippedoffme, I can see this is with our billing team to credit the amount off your account as soon as we can. Once we've done that, we'll let you know and feel free to resetup your direct debit instruction after.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
u3awalker

Thanks. I'd love to click the 'fixed it' button.  I'm probably being dim but where is it?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

That permission is reserved for the original poster of a topic, but feel free to use the thanks button. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

@u3awalker wrote:

Thanks. I'd love to click the 'fixed it' button.  I'm probably being dim but where is it

This problem is far from fixed. Wait a couple of months to see if there has been a long-term solution to these issues. So far all we've seen is case by case firefighting.

Stoot

Have same problem,Plusnet cancelled DD after I phoned but I'm still getting emails and texts, (Just a reminder that you need to make a payment that's due on your Plusnet account.
To avoid any restrictions to your service you should pay within the next 9 days.) got this Sunday.

Now worried I might lose phone and broadband after those 9 days as already have some restrictions on my member centre account.Any help would be appreciated.

Warwick
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Hi @Stoot,

Thank you for getting in touch regarding your Billing query.

I have looked through your account and as my response contains account specific details I have responded via a ticket on your account that you can view here

If you have any further questions feel free to get in touch.

- Warwick