cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for a week of wifi

tashahmorgan

Charged for a week of wifi

After waiting over a month for our wifi to finally be up and running, we have recently been sent a bill of £29.99. this is the amount that we monthly agreed to pay, however, considering we only got our wifi a week before this bill was sent, we feel it unnecessary to pay the full amount. Is there anything that can be done about this? We were also guaranteed a minimum of 50mb of data, and at the moment are only getting a maximum of 6mb. 

5 REPLIES 5
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Charged for a week of wifi

PN do not provide wifi services rather Broadband & or voice.
6mb perhaps relates to your current speed; check the capability of your line on the BT checker link below.
50mb would indicate a fibre connection (or are you confusing with your usage allowance?),
so answer best asked on the dedicated FIBRE thread on this forum.
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

Also, bear in mind that the regular monthly payments are "in  advance" so would be for a month starting approximately 6 days before the payment is taken.

Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @tashahmorgan.

While what @PeeGee has advised is correct, in that the bill you have received would cover the services from the day of the invoice to the end of that billing month, you are due a pro-rata refund/discount for the time difference between your phone and broadband activating, for the cost of the broadband portion.

As it currently stands, this discount has been added to your account by automation, however because of other discounts that are in place it's been added at the end of your sales discounts.

I'll get this cancelled off and issue this as a pro-rata broadband refund against your initial fees instead.

I hope this helps.

In regards to your connection being slow, testing shows the connection in sync lower than I'd expect at 48.3Mbps download, given the low end of the estimate is 56.8Mbps.

Please can your run through our troubleshooting guides Here.

If you continue to experience problems after this, please report a fault via your account Here.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
tashahmorgan

yes thank you, this was very helpful 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

No problems, let us know if there's ever anything else we can help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet