Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for Fibre service not recieved

FIXED
paulbay
Grafter

Charged for Fibre service not recieved

After requesting a switch to Plusnet Fibre service on the 19/08 (from John Lewis) our phone line was transferred on the 6th Sept (but no broadband). Broadband finally arrived on 13th Sept, but it was only ADSL NOT fibre as requested. After some to and fro with various support people our fibre order was actually requested (!) and we finally got a fibre connection on the 2nd Oct. I have now just seen our new bill dated 6th Oct where we have two charges (and discounts) for Unlimited Fibre service - one for £5.00 (presumably for the coming month) and one for £3.83, which I assume is for a fibre service for the 19 days from 13th Sept that we did not actually get! Given that we didn't get the service that we asked for for the first month of being with Plusnet I don't expect to pay for it. By my calculation, as Unlimited is £5 cheaper than Unlimited Fibre I wouldn't expect to be charged anything for the broadband for the first month. As all of this delay seems to have been down to Plusnet in the first place I was actually hoping to see some gesture of goodwill on my bill, but to add insult to injury they seem to have overcharged me instead! Perhaps one of the Plusnet support agents could take a look and rectify this please?

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Charged for Fibre service not recieved

Sorry for any confusion caused.

From what I can see the bill was generated correctly as a discount was applied to cover the difference between standard broadband and fibre

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
paulbay
Grafter

No I don't think that is correct, as both discounts applied are promotional discounts - neither are a discount for the lack of service. The incorrect charging refund for £10.98 is actually from being overcharged on my previous John Lewis account and nothing to do with the Plusnet account (they said it was easier to pay it into my Plusnet account for some reason). The £5.00 'refund' is from the previous bill as I payed up front in August and then didn't get any broadband at all from the 6th September! So ignoring both of those I have two discounts on my bill, both 'promotional' discounts, I should effectively be paying £5:00 a month for Unlimited Fibre, with my promotional discount. What I have payed this month is £5:00 (£15.99-10.99 discount) to cover the coming month, and £3.83 (£12.26-8.43) for the previous part month from 13th September to 5th October. This appears to be a pro rata charge (23/30 ths) for Unlimited Fibre, NOT a pro rata for ADSL (unless you charge the same for both). That is to say I had 23 days of internet last month so I have been charged 23/30ths of £15.00 (=£12.26) minus 23/30ths of my promotional discount of £10.99 (=£8.43), which comes to £3.83. This is all at fibre rates NOT adsl rates. Unfortunately I do not know what I may or may not have been charged for ADSL on a promotion, but given that currently, standard broadband is £5.00 less than Unlimited Fibre I was expecting to not be charged at all for my first 23 days of normal broadband. I realise that it is only a small amount of money, but as this whole problem has arisen due to Plusnet getting it wrong in the first place, I would expect that the least they could do is not charge me for those first 23 days. The sad thing is that I knew that this would happen and then it would be like getting blood out of a stone to get my charges corrected.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hi @paulbay,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. I've taken a look into your account today and have sent you a ticket concerning this, which can be viewed here.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further queries please don't hesitate to get back in touch.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
paulbay
Grafter

Thanks Alex. I have now recieved notification of the credit.