cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged after switching

PitchBlack
Grafter

Charged after switching

My Mum switched to another ISP, PlusNet sent her the usual sorry you are leaving email, yet PlusNet are still charging for a non existent account.
Wake up to yourselves PlusNet and get your house in order.
PM me PlusNet for my Mums details.
9 REPLIES 9
PitchBlack
Grafter

Re: Charged after switching

Is there anybody in there................
Come on you bunch of cowboys, I want this sorted. I don't think you have any idea of how much your incompetence affects people. You are taking money from pensioners for a service you are no longer providing
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I understand it's frustrating when things go wrong, but it's not very nice to come back to a thread 1 hour after creating it, calling the people you want help from an incompetent bunch of cowboys.
With all due respect, we can't always respond instantly on the forums.
Just out of interest, has your Mum tried to call us regarding this matter? The call queue for customer service is currently only a couple of minutes.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
PitchBlack
Grafter

The people I want help from..............  with all due respect, if you were competent in this issue in the first place I wouldn't have to waste my time writing here, the mistake I made was not getting my Mum to cancel her direct debit, but I thought you could be trusted to do your job. No my Mum has not called, as I don't believe a word anyone from PlusNet says about call waiting times having read numerous posts on the matter.
I will get my Mum to contact you through the member page, providing that option has not been taken away.
Yep, I see that option has been taken away.
PitchBlack
Grafter

If you don't want to PM me, then look at my closed account and see who my referral was for, then deduce the account from that,  repay the monies taken and close the account. The DD is being cancelled, and I do not want my Mum receiving any letters of demand from you for payment for services not being received due to switching providers and giving fair notice for the account to be closed..
PitchBlack
Grafter

Anything happening with you closing my Mums account and repaying the money ? or have you decided to just ignore me.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I appreciate you're frustrated but please have some patience. I think I've identified your Mum's account but as it's not your account I cannot go in to detail about what's happening. I can say that the order to move away has completed and there is an internal note added to the account to that effect today for our billing team to close the account down.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
PitchBlack
Grafter

Thanks for the update Chris.
PitchBlack
Grafter

PlusNet must be really desperate for cash,  my mum cancelled around the 22nd of August, but PlusNet proceeded in taking out of my mums bank a full payment the first week of September for the billing month of September even though my mum was no longer receiving a service from PlusNet. After this thread PlusNet repaid my mum, but only half of what they took from her.
As I said HarryB, a bunch of cowboys.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

As Chris said previously, as it's not your account I cannot go in to detail about what's happened, however I can confirm that the correct refund has been issued in line with the date the services actually left us.
If your Mum would like to query this, she is more than welcome to give us a call on 0800 432 0200, however I will just clarify that the services did not migrate away from us on 22/08/15 as you have stated.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet