cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged £50 for line set up?

senington

Charged £50 for line set up?

I signed up yesterday. I have been trying to get through to customer service, but keep getting passed around and then cut off.
I signed up to a broadband package last night. I noticed I have been charged £50 for line set up. I already have a phone line, so does anybody know why I am being charged?
Not only that, but looking in terms and conditions it says a broadband set up is £25 and fibre is £50, so even if my phone line does need "setting up", surely I should only be charged £25?
I would appreciate any help you guys can offer!
4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Charged £50 for line set up?

There's no active phone line at your property which is why you were charged £49.99.
We do state this on our website and during the sign up process.
'If you need a new phone line installed at your property there's a £49.99 installation charge (excluding external construction charges).'
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
senington

Ah so is the £25 and £50 for activation a separate charge to the new line installation?
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Yes but because you've took a phone line with us you won't be charged those fees.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
senington

Cool, thanks for your help! Any chance you could get one of the engineers to sort my broadband today or tomorrow?  Wink can't wait to get it set up!
Have a great day!