cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge increased in June for BB Fibre- nobody told me - or am I being overcharged!!

Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Re: Charge increased in June for BB Fibre- nobody told me - or am I being overcharged!!

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Don't get me wrong, there's plenty of times I've questioned t's and c's. My own example-long story short was with a mobile repair-build defect. Got refused warranty because of "water damage" when the issue was a heat cracked screen-and the phone was advertised as waterproof! I went to town on that one.

This case however I feel has a certain common sense feel to it. I've always felt the Plusnet terms are pretty fair, and not exactly badly laid out-no 42 pages of font size 4 but some things have to be assumed. Keeping a company up to date with your contact details is really a no brainer if you expect them to be able to inform you of things. Otherwise if people have to be told everything we get to a point where everyone has to be assumed an idiot-like a peanut allergy warning on a bag of peanuts! There are always limits on how much can be done. Yes, email can fail. Yes, post can be lost. Nobody wants (and most block) unsolicited phone calls. I'm not sure how much more Plusnet can actually do to get this information to everyone, aside from sticking it on the website. And even then, how often do most customers (community members excluded naturally) actually visit the website? The only guaranteed way I can honestly come up with to be certain everyone gets the message is to use that failed billing reminder block and note. Suspend service until people read the message and click to acknowledge. I bet that would go down a right treat. And even then-what's the odds "the kids ticked it to get back on and I never saw it" will be the excuse.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: Charge increased in June for BB Fibre- nobody told me - or am I being overcharged!!

I think companies should be forced to notify your of prices increases via post.

Of course they'll blame it's helping the planet and they're doing their bit to make it all better. When it actual fact it is saving them money by not employing a lettering company to have them to send out thousands of letters.

Don't think the planet is going to self destruct if PlusNet nofify spend a bit more money and notify people by post anytime soon.

Also begs the question of "Didn't you you on-line and check that" if your connection is down Roll_eyes

At least Branson Media did that with me when they whacked it up another 3 quid a month. That'll pay for a drink for Richard on Necker Island from me by ransom.

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

@Kdog wrote:
My own example-long story short was with a mobile repair-build defect.

My personal "favourites" complaints wise was an in store protest to get my money back on a TV. And my first dial-up connection was to a local company a mile down the road. When it went wrong I knocked at their door, which was quite a few times. I don't think they liked that but it got things fixed right away.

The internet has taken the fun out of complaining.Smiley

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I think companies should be forced to notify your of prices increases via post.

… and what are you going to say when someone claims their "privacy" has been impinged when an organisation does this, but the individual has chosen to not consent to having communications by post?  There is an element of just looking for grounds for complaint … no matter what companies do.

The issue here is more likely that the communications were sent out to the mailbox specified by the user and then not read.  I know that a number of my referrals hardly ever read what goes to the postmaster mailbox … no matter how many times I remind them that is where important information is sent to from Plusnet.

Users can also specify an additional mail address for Plusnet to use in the portal.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sasha33
Grafter

I find this price increase very funny, since I joined in January on promo price of £29 and 4 months have passed and they increased the price. Shady practice, shady service.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Personally I don't think it's shady. Notifications were sent out about the increase, it's up to the user to accept it or not. For the service I'm getting I'm quite happy to pay it.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
sasha33
Grafter

What do you mean accept or not? If you don't than you are in breach of contract, as we are led to believe. You are stuck for 18 months with them, for better or worse.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

If you don't accept a price increase you can leave your contract with no termination payment, that's how it works. Seems fair to me.Smiley

billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Regarding the last £ rise I'm not so sure there's any fairness involved just because you are allowed to leave or not.

I think the single £ rise was a very calculated play with the probable view that most would suck it up rather than go to all the trouble of moving.

That said I expect there was a good number who took the free opportunity to leave. Leaving with reasons that had nothing to do with the rise. If you're fed up with plusnet that's one good thing about the rises. Want to leave without penalty? Missed it, never mind there will be another one along soon.

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Well it wouldn't be fair if you weren't allowed to leave so I would say that the converse also applies.Wink

sasha33
Grafter

Well I missed it and have 5 months left and can't justification for price increase in that short period. Frankly, the way things go for me with Plusnet it looks like I will be leaving since I had an awful experience.

Me2

Having read this thread I double checked my bills, and sure enough the price has gone up by £1, which I had not noticed due to the phone call charges. I also checked my inbox and while I have a set of bills going back two years or so there is no email saying the price is going up. Still it is an ill wind that blows no good as I have found another provider for £10 a month less and the cash back will give me two months free.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @Me2,

I can see we sent your notification on the 13th April 2018.

Please follow this link here

If there is anything else we may assist you with please feel free to get back in touch.

Thanks.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Link fixed.

Me2

In fairness I must admit he is right it is there. I just had not found it when I searched as it is from a different name to the bills, and is titled updates to your service rather than price increase.